Error on EAS:build

I am getting this error while building for android, get something similar when building for iphone. Anyone knows how to fix?

I updated my sdk from 41 to 43, and added eas.json using the eas-cli. Expo go still works, however i cannot build with eas.

it looks like your icon can’t be found. how are you specifying it in app.json? is it included in your git repo? Troubleshooting build errors and crashes - Expo Documentation

Thanks for getting back. I have read up on the article you mentioned. The project works in expo go and do build using expo-cli (expo build:android), but not eas-cli (eas build → choose android). Here are the important parts of the file structure and the app.json:

File structure and app.json looks ok to me.

As you mention the error states a missing icon file. Since the icon is there, I would think the error is related to eas. Do you have another idea of what it could be, or should i try to recreate the project from scratch?

It now works after creating a new project from scratch and copying all the files. This created a expo project with sdk 43 whereas the old project was an update. Not sure what the difference was, but i am glad that it now works :grinning:

1 Like