Error on creating build through eas: Keystore malformed or unsupported type

Hi there,

I am facing an issue using EAS build for android which I am unable to solve or find any working solution for on the forums. As such I come to you to perhaps get some more guidance on the issue.
I have created a signing certificate on the google play store and successfully added it in the expo.dev credentials page.
When I’m trying to build the application however, the console always gives the following error:

Build failed: The keystore used in this build is malformed or it has an unsupported type. Make sure you provided the correct file.

On the expo.dev credentials page, I have added the same certificate file that I received from Google and I have verified that the fingerprints match, but the error is still there.

On the expo.dev credentials page, I have added the same certificate file that I received from Google and I have verified that the fingerprints match, but the error is still there.

How did you get that keystore?
Google will never send you any certificates, you always need to generate a keystore and register that with google. For a new app it happens automatically because google will take public key from the first uploaded apk/aab and will require the same signature for each future upload.

Most likely whatever you got from google is just a public key.

Yes sorry, that was some misinformation on my end.

I have a keystore certificate from the previous app that was built 3 years ago.
I’ve used the encryption steps on google app signing to get the required certificates exported.
These new certificate i was then able to upload towards Google and I’ve also added the p12 variant to the expo.dev environment