Error: `fsevents` unavailable (this watcher can only be used on Darwin)

I am getting

Error: fsevents unavailable (this watcher can only be used on Darwin) how do I fix this?

@hazephase this error has been known to surface when you are using the XDE. Have you tried doing exp start from terminal, and does that give you the same error?

that is the screenshot from terminal and this is the error on my phone

Could not connect to development server.

Ensure the following:

• Node server is running and available on the same network - run ‘npm start’ from react-native root
  • Node server URL is correctly set in AppDelegate
  • WiFi is enabled and connected to the same network as the Node Server

URL: http://packager.42-s95.hazephase.gikapp-v3-0-1-source.exp.direct:80/src/app.bundle?platform=ios&dev=true&strict=false&minify=false&hot=false&assetPlugin=/Users/Draco/Downloads/gikApp_v3.0.1_source/node_modules/expo/tools/hashAssetFiles

ABI21_0_0RCTFBQuickPerformanceLoggerConfigureHooks
ABI22_0_0RCTFBQuickPerformanceLoggerConfigureHooks

CFRunLoopRunSpecific
GSEventRunModal
UIApplicationMain
Exponent

@hazephase is your phone on the same wifi network as your computer?

yes , it is on the same WiFi

[exp] Failed building JavaScript bundle.
[exp] Unable to resolve ./BlurView" from “.//node_modules/expo/src/Expo.js: could not resolve /Users/Draco/Downloads/gikApp_v3.0.1_source/node_modules/expo/src/BlurView’ as a file nor as a folder”,“name”:“UnableToResolveError”,“type”:“UnableToResolveError”,“errors”:[{}]},“type”:“bundling_error”}"
[exp] Failed building JavaScript bundle.
[exp] Attempted to restart watchman but failed. Please try running watchman watch-del-all.
[exp] Attempted to restart watchman but failed. Please try running watchman watch-del-all.

this is the error I get

no update yet? I need to get this fixed

@hazephase Have you tried the steps in @robblovell’s detailed suggestions? I suspect there’s a mismatch between the version of Node that your terminal uses and what XDE/exp is calling into.

I’ve followed @robblovell’s detailed suggestions but still get the fsevents error in XDE.

for everyone who is having this issue, please run npm i -g react-native-cli and then run react-native info in your project directory, then paste the output here.

in my case, it looks like this:

╭─~/coding/GetMyFlowOn react-native info
Scanning folders for symlinks in /Users/brentvatne/coding/GetMyFlowOn/node_modules (17ms)

Environment:
  Node: 8.4.0
  Yarn: 1.0.1
  npm: 5.5.1
  Watchman: 4.7.0
  Xcode: Xcode 9.1 Build version 9B55
  Android Studio: 2.3 AI-162.4069837

Packages: (wanted => installed)
  react: 16.0.0-beta.5 => 16.0.0-beta.5
  react-native: ^0.49.5 => 0.49.5

Environment:
Node: 10.5.0
Yarn: 1.3.2
npm: 6.1.0
Watchman: Not Found
Xcode: Xcode 9.4.1 Build version 9F2000
Android Studio: 3.0 AI-171.4443003

Packages: (wanted => installed)
react: 16.0.0 => 16.0.0
react-native: 0.51.0 => 0.51.0

https://docs.expo.io/versions/v28.0.0/introduction/installation#watchman

It’s worked for me, i had tied npm -r -g watchman and brew install watchman but it was not working, after removing node_modules no error