Error during Location.startLocationUpdatesAsync

1. SDK Version: 41
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android Expo Go
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

Hey,
I have updated SDK to the newest version and I started to receive error when app is calling background task using this method: Location.startLocationUpdatesAsync. All needed permissions, like: requestForegroundPermissionsAsync and requestBackgroundPermissionsAsync are called before as It mentioned in documentation.
Exception visible in console:

[Unhandled promise rejection: Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'java.util.Map o.e.c.j.d.getOptions()' on a null object reference]
at node_modules/react-native/Libraries/BatchedBridge/NativeModules.js:103:50 in promiseMethodWrapper
at node_modules/@unimodules/react-native-adapter/build/NativeModulesProxy.native.js:15:23 in moduleName.methodInfo.name
at node_modules/expo-location/build/Location.js:162:7 in startLocationUpdatesAsync
at node_modules/expo-location/build/Location.js:162:7 in startLocationUpdatesAsync
at screens/Home.js:160:20 in findCoordinates
at [native code]:null in flushedQueue
at [native code]:null in invokeCallbackAndReturnFlushedQueue

Hi there,

I have the same issue with my app with Expo Go and in Standalone mode.
It’s probably a bug so I will report it as bug in the github repo

I experience this on SDK 40

Experiencing the same issue. Please Help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.