Error build for react-native-unimodules@0.13.3 in xCode v12.4 and below

Hello, I need some help on building (Archive - IPA) the iOS App in react native cli, using react-native-unimodules.

Basically the app builds well for Android.

In the case of iOS, the app build well in Debug mode but on Release is failing with the following:

ld: could not reparse object file in bitcode bundle: 'Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '1205.0.22.9.0_0' Reader: '1200.0.32.28_0')', using libLTO version 'LLVM version 12.0.0, (clang-1200.0.32.28)' for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

In our project we need unimodules because we are using these awesome expo packages:
“expo-document-picker”: “9.1.2”,
“expo-font”: “9.1.0”,
“expo-image-picker”: “10.1.4”,
“expo-linear-gradient”: “9.1.0”,

Do you know any solution to this if we can´t update to xCode 12.5 ?

you need to update to xcode 12.5 or use an older version of these packages. alternatively you could disable bitcode in your project

Hi @brents , we can`t update xcode to 12.5 because we use AppCenter (and it has the maximum xCode version to 12.4 unfortunately).

To use an older version are you mean react-native-unimodules@0.12.0 ?

I know that disabled bitcode is not such a good pratice and is not recommended.

you can see versions compatible with 0.12.0 here expo/bundledNativeModules.json at sdk-41 · expo/expo · GitHub

Thanks for update, I am also looking for same issue from last couple of days, Really appreciate for help.

In order to make it work I had to revert react-native-unimodules@0.12.0 and change versions to the expo packages :package:( example expo-image-picker@9.2.1).

Thank you :pray: all, for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.