Enterprise EAS Build Error - Unable To Install App This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified

Enterprise EAS Build Error

Our organization is facing the following error when downloading an "enterpriseProvisioning": "universal" EAS Build app from Expo.

EAS Build Error

The error message is

Unable To Install "App"
This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified.

Details

• Workflow: Managed
  • eas-cli version: 0.48.2
  • expo-cli version: 5.3.1
  • Expo Account Type: Professional
  • Apple Account Type: Enterprise

Our organization has an Enterprise Developer Account and the user which is performing the EAS Builds has an App Manager role.

The eas.json is the following:

{
  "cli": {
    "version": ">= 0.47.0"
  },
  "build": {
    "prod": {
      "node": "16.13.2",
      "distribution": "internal",
      "ios": {
        "enterpriseProvisioning": "universal"
      }
    },
    "prod-qa": {
      "extends": "prod",
      "developmentClient": true,
      "env": {
        "env": "qa"
      }
    },
    "prod-local": {
      "extends": "prod-qa",
      "developmentClient": true,
      "ios": {
        "simulator": true
      }
    }
  }
}

We have removed all the Certificates and Provisioning Profiles from our developer.apple.com dashboard and let the EAS Build CLI create them.

We can, however, successfully distribute the app using "distribution": "internal" (Ad-Hoc Distribution) and adding the device’s UDID to the profile.

What I’ve Tried

I’ve checked the Expo Discord server and this Forum for related issues and most of them are regarding the Ad-Hoc Distribution where a device UDID is not set. I could not find many posts regarding the Enterprise/Universal Distribution flow.

I have also checked on Google and found that many folks reported a similar issue when their enterprise accounts were newly created and that Apple has a 2-week ban on any enterprise builds. In our case, our account is close to 3 months old as of today.

Any guidance on resolving this issue would be very appreciated!

hi there! can you try building an archiving an app locally with an enterprise provisioning profile to validate if that works, independent of eas? i suspect it will not, and you may want to contact apple for support on that if it’s the case. you may want to ensure your ios version is fully up to date as sometimes this can occasionally lead to unhelpful errors like you’re seeing.

1 Like

Is it possible that it has something to do with the recent Apple cert expiry?

I don’t know much about iOS provisioning profiles, etc. but @kgagnon, do you have a embedded.mobileprovision that you can run the following on to check that all of the notAfter dates are in the future?

openssl pkcs7 -print_certs -text -in embedded.mobileprovision -inform der

More info:

1 Like

Thanks @notbrent and @wodin for the replies. I will try both of your suggestions and let you know if I have any questions.