ejecting from SDK 41: app entry point in index.js incorrectly generated

First attempt (log output from expo eject):

Removed "main": "node_modules/expo/AppEntry.js" from package.json because we recommend using index.js as main instead.

But the real entry point was configured in app.config.js expo.entryPoint. So I commented out the (unsused) line in package.json, reverted and tried to eject again (log output):

expo.entryPoint is not needed and has been removed.

It was in fact not removed and the generated index.js did not reflect the configured app entry point.

JSON doesn’t support comments, AFAIK.

it sounds like we need to update this code to account for app.config.js. care to open a pr to expo-cli to do so?

also, it would be helpful when posting topics like this to provide a minimal reproducible example so we can see the issue on our own machines

@wodin I should have written “deleted” to avoid confusion. I “comment” out JSON keys by prefixing them with ‘//’, e.g.:

"//main": "..."

@notbrent to reproduce add “expo.entryPoint” to app.config.js, as documented in app.json / app.config.js - Expo Documentation, then eject.

Also check how precedence is handled when a “main” key in package.json exists, as documented in package.json | npm Docs

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.