EAS x Android very first build

Hello, I am lost

Here is my error

your Android App Bundle was signed with the wrong key. Make sure your app bundle is signed with the correct key and try again. The app bundle you imported should normally be signed with the certificate associated with the fingerprint

SHA1: 75:8E:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

, the certificate used is associated with the fingerprint

SHA1: CF:AA:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

How can I unlock this situation?.

• I am using eas build
  • I created a new app com.app.dev on google play : same error

When I drag and drop the app for the first build this is my error even if I delete the previous release files

After you submit first APK/AAB to the store all following submits need to be signed with the same credentials.

• I created a new app com.app.dev on google play : same error

This is not possible, you wouldn’t get that error on first upload on a new app.

When I drag and drop the app for the first build this is my error even if I delete the previous release files

What are you deleting if this is first build? It sounds that you are not trying that on the new app as you mentioned above.

To resolve that you need to either:

• find the original keystore that was used for the app originally and upload it to expo (via website or cli).
  • ask google support to reset your keystore.
  • it sounds like you just starting, so maybe just create new app in play console.
2 Likes

Hey @wkozyra thank you for your support :raised_hands:

So what happened

1. I kickstarted the first eas build on my computer for demo purposes without completing the entire build flow
  2. a week after Matthys pulled some changes and reseted the key saying Yes on the cli
  3. I was unable to download locally the key because of a cryptic error

We ended up by creating a new project again

1 Like

After having a talk with @amanhimself we were able to identify what happened :rocket:

• I created a new project
  • used eas build for demo purposes

later on

• added manually "owner": "xxxxxx", on app.js

later on

• @matthysdev ran eas build again, so we got a mismatch because we changed the owner key

:warning: Lesson learned
Always do the entire flow without interruption and double-check your organization settings on https://expo.dev

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.