EAS Submit IOS and environment variables

Hello,

I’m trying to submit my application for the first time of Apple Store Connect using EAS submit.
I have some missunderstanding about the documentation.

I have all my informations about the submit :

• The apple ID
  • The apple password
  • The apple app specific password
  • The ascAppId or Application ID
  • The appleTeamId

I’m using the command eas submit -p ios --latest with a fresh release build.

So for the ascAppId and appleTeamId, I write them in eas.json file.
For the others parameters, I don’t want to put them in eas.json.

If I read correctly the documentation, I need to put the others parameters as variables ? Do you mean secrets expo variable or my PC ENV variables ?

I tried to set in expo secrets : EXPO_APPLE_ID / EXPO_APPLE_PASSWORD / EXPO_APPLE_APP_SPECIFIC_PASSWORD
But when I execute the command, they ask me for Apple ID.

So on windows (or linux), I need to SET all the variables before executing the command ?

Sorry for my missunderstanding,

Thanks

So for the ascAppId and appleTeamId, I write them in eas.json file.
For the others parameters, I don’t want to put them in eas.json.

The only other param is appleId, not sure why you wouldn’t want to pass it there, but it’s not necessary so it’s fine (Configure EAS Submit with eas.json - Expo Documentation)

you don’t need to set those envs at all, but you can, if they are not provided you will be prompted interactively

if you are providing ascAppId then EXPO_APPLE_PASSWORD should not be necessary

if you want to run submit on ci in noninteractive mode only EXPO_APPLE_APP_SPECIFIC_PASSWORD is necessary, but appstore app needs to exist and be configured(you need to run interactive submit at leas once)

If I read correctly the documentation, I need to put the others parameters as variables ? Do you mean secrets expo variable or my PC ENV variables ?

your local shell

Yes my goal is to use the command without any interaction with the param --non-interactive.
I don’t want to set the appleId param in my eas.json because I think that is a security information to be not pushed to my gitlab.

So if I follow your instructions, for a non interactive submit, I need to set EXPO_APPLE_APP_SPECIFIC_PASSWORD and EXPO_APPLE_ID (If I don’t set it in eas.json) in my local shell environment ?
On a pipeline for gitlab I think this is the same things ? Like settings the variables before the eas submit command ?

So my command will look like this : SET EXPO_APPLE_APP_SPECIFIC_PASSWORD=password-app eas submit -p ios --latest --non-interactive

thanks

I’m not sure what is that SET at the beging, are you using windows?

on linux/mac it’s either:

in one line

EXPO_APPLE_APP_SPECIFIC_PASSWORD=password-app eas submit -p ios --latest --non-interactive

or

export EXPO_APPLE_APP_SPECIFIC_PASSWORD=password-app
eas submit -p ios --latest --non-interactive

but every CI I’m aware of provides a way to pass envs to the job in a secure way so you should use that instead

Yes i’m using windows, I found a solution using this command line :

set EXPO_APPLE_APP_SPECIFIC_PASSWORD mypass & set EXPO_APPLE_ID myappleid & eas submit -p ios --latest --non-interactive

But it seems that I locked my account

We couldn't figure out what went wrong. Please see logs to learn more.

[logs] Starting iOS app upload
[logs] Downloading archive
[logs] Preparing artifact
[logs] Uploading iOS app to TestFlight...
[logs] Uploading the app with fastlane
[logs] -------------------
[logs] --- Step: pilot ---
[logs] -------------------
[logs] Ready to upload new build to TestFlight (App: 1585XXXXXX)...
[logs] Fetching password for transporter from environment variable named `FASTLANE_APPLE_APPLICATION_SPECIFIC_PASSWORD`
[logs] Going to upload updated app to App Store Connect
[logs] This might take a few minutes. Please don't interrupt the script.
[logs] Transporter transfer failed.
[logs]
[logs] This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons. Visit iForgot to reset your account (https://iforgot.apple.com). (-20209)

I got this error because I make too much submit ?

Thanks

I did not see that error before, I suspect that successfully submit should not lock your account, so maybe you had some unsuccessful login attempts(e.g. wrong password, wrong 2 factor code)

I tried in the past running 10-20 submits at the time to test the service and never had an issue like that. I suggest checking the website in the error message and it might contain some info about the reason for locking that account

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.