EAS Submit & CI/CD - API Key File - Best Practices

I’m working on integrating our application with Circle CI to automate our builds/submission, and was wondering if anyone has a recommended way of handling the Google Play and Apple App store API files, since they need to be in the git repo in some form to actually submit.

My experience with API keys so far has been limited to using them as environmental variables, but since it requires an actual file, I was thinking about storing the contents of the p8 and json API key files as a circle CI secret and reconstructing them when building. I’d love to hear any suggestions.

• bare workflow
  • eas-cli/0.47.0 darwin-arm64 node-v16.13.2

you can upload those keys to expo servers, just remove path to those keys from eas.json and try to submit, you will have the option to upload them

if you prefer to keep them in repo you can encrypt them with git-crypt

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Is there a way to handle this in non-interactive mode? Manually doing it from the command line works fine, but in circle CI it gives the same Error: App Store Connect API Keys cannot be set up in --non-interactive message. Apologies if I’m just missing something obvious.