EAS IOS Prebuild error

Before posting your question, make sure you’ve read the documentation for both EAS Build & Submit.

If your Android or iOS build is failing- make sure you do your own research on the error message first before posting (this will give you a better understanding, and you might even find that someone else has already solved the issue!) It is not up to the Expo team to debug your project or build.

In your post, please share:

• Whether you are bare or managed workflow - MANAGED
  • Your eas-cli version - 0.57.0
  • What you have tried so far. I tried the --clear-cache parameter in eas build
  • my build ID is: 46d6ec74-521e-4752-86ff-71db8f9be2b5

I’m on SDK45. I’m now receiving the following error on the Prebuild step:

- Clearing ios
✔ Cleared ios code
- Creating native project directories (./ios and ./android) and updating .gitignore
[stderr] [15:29:19] Error downloading and extracting template package: Error: npm exited with non-zero code: 1
- Creating native project directories (./ios and ./android) and updating .gitignore
[stderr] [15:29:19] ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat '/private/var/folders/h2/gp9wlkv11lg0qj6y2mnqgc_40000gn/T/2b96300f24e1bebdcb458a95905cfb79/ios'
✖ Failed to create the native project.
[15:29:19] You may want to delete the `./ios` and/or `./android` directories before trying again.
bash exited with non-zero code: 1

hello! it looks like there was an intermittent issue with npm:

[stderr] [15:29:19] Error downloading and extracting template package: Error: npm exited with non-zero code: 1

can you try running your build again?

I just did, with the same results.

Heya, I’m running in the same issue. Also tried the build twice

we have temporarily disabled the npm cache to resolve the issue. please run your build again. sorry for the hassle

1 Like

Thank you. My build worked once the cache was disabled.

You save my day thank you