eas ios build keeps failing in fastlane step, works with expo build:ios

hi!

I’m a new subscriber to the eas service, but I keep getting errors with the building of a ios app. I’m able to complete it with expo build:ios but not with eas build

below the error message:

CompileC /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Norbreeze-bbzjrkykxltuwucqfypueqfdtana/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Norbreeze/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/ART.build/Release-iphoneos/ART.build/Objects-normal/armv7/RCTConvert+ART.o /Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/art/ios/RCTConvert+ART.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Norbreeze-bbzjrkykxltuwucqfypueqfdtana/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Norbreeze/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/ART.build/Release-iphoneos/ART.build/Objects-normal/armv7/ARTTextManager.o /Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/art/ios/ViewManagers/ARTTextManager.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Norbreeze-bbzjrkykxltuwucqfypueqfdtana/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Norbreeze/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/ART.build/Release-iphoneos/ART.build/Objects-normal/armv7/ARTText.o /Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/art/ios/ARTText.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Norbreeze-bbzjrkykxltuwucqfypueqfdtana/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Norbreeze/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/ART.build/Release-iphoneos/ART.build/Objects-normal/armv7/ARTSolidColor.o /Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/art/ios/Brushes/ARTSolidColor.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(4 failures)

I followed the migration guide and updated my metro config but to no avail. Hopefully you can point me in the right direction…

hi there! sorry we missed this. did you end up finding a solution? if not, can you share a link to your build details page?

Ran a new build today, still no success…

latetst build: Build Details — 62d12ac9-f4a2-4281-8ad2-b45d32298cf3 — Norbreeze — Expo

try doing a fresh clone of your project and building it locally in release configuration. you should see the same error. it looks like ART doesn’t work with latest changes to react-native pod structure. see this screenshot from your build details you linked to