EAS ios build fails with "library not found for -lDoubleConversion"

My configuration:

• Bare workflow
  • eas: >= 0.43.0
  • SDK 43

I am able to build the project in a classic way (expo build:ios) as well when developing locally using Xcode. I did eject before to support InAppPurchases. It works properly on my phone when it’s a target for Xcode.

This is my first build with EAS and I wanted to try the simulator first:
eas build -p ios --profile preview

Here’s the error output:

› Linking   getbarfplan

⚠️  ld: directory not found for option '-L-L/Users/expo/workingdir/build/ios/build/Build/Products/Release-iphonesimulator/DoubleConversion'
❌  ld: library not found for -lDoubleConversion
❌  clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

▸ ** BUILD FAILED **
▸ The following build commands failed:
▸ 	Ld build/Build/Products/Release-iphonesimulator/getbarfplan.app/getbarfplan normal x86_64
▸ (1 failure)
** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	Ld build/Build/Products/Release-iphonesimulator/getbarfplan.app/getbarfplan normal x86_64
(1 failure)

Exit status: 65

It seems the issue was connected to Build System. In Xcode I used “Legacy Build System” because of some issue with circular dependencies and only this way I was able to run it.

Changing this setting changed project-dir/ios/PROJECT_NAME.xcworkspace/xcshareddata/WorkspaceSettings.xcsettings as well.

I changed the setting back to “New Build System”:

and that removed:

<dict>
-  <key>BuildSystemType</key>
-  <string>Original</string>

from the aforementioned file.

I tried building with EAS again and it works :tada: Both for simulator and production build.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.