EAS iOS build fails [RUN_FASTLANE] main.jsbundle does not exist.

Hi all,

I’m trying to create an iOS build from within my project, everything seems to follow through, but as it gets toward the end of the build there’s a failure;

› Executing BoominStaging » Bundle React Native code and images

❌  error: File /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/BoominStaging-etjzikyevnbhznamaxqfpyimydfc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/BoominStaging/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/customerstaging.app/main.jsbundle does not exist. This must be a bug with

The complete build can be seen Build Details — fd92c796-98e9-4702-bfec-fce194b0bfa3 — BoominStaging — Expo

there’s no other output in terms of the failure and I’m really stuck in terms of trying to get this moving forward. Any steps to help me figure out what I’m doing wrong will be much appreciated - as it stands right now I’m in a position where android builds a working APK so I’m not sure what specifically seems to be wrong on the iOS side.

I’m inching closer, however I’m really not sure where to go at this point.

by running expo run:ios it generates and runs the project as expected (I’ve read in other forum posts that that should help pin point issues) It at least launches and comes up with a logbox warning about the problem - for the time being ive switched to a simplistic screen;

Also for further debugging;

[RUN_FASTLANE] › Compiling BoominStaging » AppDelegate.m
[RUN_FASTLANE] › Linking   BoominStaging » customerstaging
[RUN_FASTLANE] › Copying   ios/BoominStaging/Supporting/Expo.plist ➜ Expo.plist
[RUN_FASTLANE] › Compiling BoominStaging » SplashScreen.storyboard
[RUN_FASTLANE] › Compiling BoominStaging » LaunchScreen.xib
[RUN_FASTLANE] › Preparing BoominStaging » Info.plist
[RUN_FASTLANE] › Executing BoominStaging » Bundle React Native code and images
[RUN_FASTLANE] 
❌  error: File /Users/nash/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/BoominStaging-beqhhrrfqxrzrrdpdrjdmwamcsjt/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/BoominStaging/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/customerstaging.app/main.jsbundle does not exist. This must be a bug with

[RUN_FASTLANE] › Generating debug BoominStaging » customerstaging.app.dSYM
[RUN_FASTLANE] › Executing BoominStaging » [CP] Copy Pods Resources
[RUN_FASTLANE] › Executing BoominStaging » Upload Debug Symbols to Sentry
[RUN_FASTLANE] › Signing   BoominStaging » customerstaging.app
[RUN_FASTLANE] › Creating  BoominStaging » customerstaging.app
[RUN_FASTLANE] ▸ ** ARCHIVE FAILED **
[RUN_FASTLANE] ** ARCHIVE FAILED **
[RUN_FASTLANE] Exit status: 65
[RUN_FASTLANE] 
[RUN_FASTLANE] +-------------+-------------------------+
[RUN_FASTLANE] |           Build environment           |
[RUN_FASTLANE] | xcode_path  | /Applications/Xcode.app |
[RUN_FASTLANE] | gym_version | 2.182.0                 |
[RUN_FASTLANE] | sdk         | iPhoneOS14.5.sdk        |
[RUN_FASTLANE] 
[RUN_FASTLANE] Looks like fastlane ran into a build/archive error with your project
[RUN_FASTLANE] It's hard to tell what's causing the error, so we wrote some guides on how
[RUN_FASTLANE] to troubleshoot build and signing issues: https://docs.fastlane.tools/codesigning/getting-started/
[RUN_FASTLANE] Before submitting an issue on GitHub, please follow the guide above and make
[RUN_FASTLANE] sure your project is set up correctly.
[RUN_FASTLANE] fastlane uses `xcodebuild` commands to generate your binary, you can see the
[RUN_FASTLANE] the full commands printed out in yellow in the above log.
[RUN_FASTLANE] Make sure to inspect the output above, as usually you'll find more error information there
[RUN_FASTLANE] 
[RUN_FASTLANE] [!] Error building the application - see the log above
[RUN_FASTLANE] Error: Fastlane build failed with unknown error. Please refer to the "Run fastlane" and "Xcode Logs" phases.
Fastlane errors in most cases are not printed at the end of the output, so you may not find any useful information in the last lines of output when looking for an error message.
[CLEAN_UP_CREDENTIALS] Destroying keychain - /var/folders/k6/h06z12bj3sgb_69pgylfw5f80000gn/T/turtle-v2-ca80dcea-081e-4b94-bcec-64fbf82a6096.keychain
[CLEAN_UP_CREDENTIALS] Removing provisioning profile

Build failed
Fastlane build failed with unknown error. Please refer to the "Run fastlane" and "Xcode Logs" phases.
Fastlane errors in most cases are not printed at the end of the output, so you may not find any useful information in the last lines of output when looking for an error message.

I am experiencing the exact same problem—runs fine but won’t build due to this error. Did you ever figure anything out?

This is what helped me:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.