EAS iOS Build failing ESOCKETTIMEOUT

An error is happening on Install Dependencies step for EAS iOS Builds (Android worked for some reason).

Tried several times, log looks like this:

info There appears to be trouble with your network connection. Retrying...
error An unexpected error occurred: "https://registry.yarnpkg.com/react-native/-/react-native-0.68.2.tgz: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT".
  • managed workflow
  • eas-cli/0.54.1

Having the same problem here!

Running “yarn install” in the root dir of your repository
yarn install v1.22.17
[1/4] Resolving packages…
[2/4] Fetching packages…
info There appears to be trouble with your network connection. Retrying…
[stderr]
error An unexpected error occurred: “https://registry.yarnpkg.com/date-fns/-/date-fns-2.28.0.tgz: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT”.
info If you think this is a bug, please open a bug report with the information provided in “/Users/expo/workingdir/build/yarn-error.log”.
info Visit yarn install | Yarn for documentation about this command.
yarn exited with non-zero code: 1

Not just you. Here’s my last attempt last night. (Another attempt errored on Expo doctor, and another just timed out at 45 mins.)

Running "yarn install" in the root dir of your repository 
yarn install v1.22.17
[1/4] Resolving packages...
[2/4] Fetching packages...
[stderr] 
error An unexpected error occurred: "https://registry.yarnpkg.com/@firebase/firestore/-/firestore-3.4.11.tgz: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT".
info If you think this is a bug, please open a bug report with the information provided in "/Users/expo/workingdir/build/yarn-error.log".
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/install for documentation about this command.
yarn exited with non-zero code: 1

This is code that built yesterday afternoon, in 23 minutes. (Sadly, I built it successfully without the app icon and then without bumping the version code… and then the build servers decided not to give me any love last night.) Looks like the build servers were bogged down?

Still failing here

My latest attempt:

The same problem here.

Running “yarn install” in the root dir of your repository
yarn install v1.22.17
[1/5] Validating package.json…
[2/5] Resolving packages…
[3/5] Fetching packages…

error An unexpected error occurred: “https://registry.yarnpkg.com/rxjs/-/rxjs-6.6.7.tgz: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT”.

Is there a potential solution or path forward, this started occurring from last 2 days for the IoS Build.

can you link to the affected build page?

Here’s one with network timeouts at the yarn step: Build Details — 869c0c59-2dd8-4681-91b0-b3b39ecdd126 — carthacks — Expo

Here’s one that hung on ‘expo doctor’: Build Details — 2640eba3-dd21-4a18-8f05-67ad9e2b18d9 — carthacks — Expo

Here’s another yarn network failure:

Another hang on expo doctor:

In contrast, here’s a successful build of the same package on Tuesday, from just before the problems started: Build Details — a416da0c-1169-47a3-8160-1eaf5de64bee — carthacks — Expo . The failures linked above have the exact same packages and only minor code differences, along with an added app icon.

there were some issues with our ios workers (Expo Status - iOS build times on EAS Build are longer than usual) and it looks like it may have impacted those builds. can you try running them again?

Yup, I’ve got one back in queue. My attempt from this morning quit after 6+ hours in queue, but maybe this one will go!

Seems like it is still intermittent. Was able to complete one, but some builds are still failing.

can you link to a build page?

this looks like an expected failure due to project misconfiguration, no mention of a timeout

❌  (node_modules/react-native-flipper-performance-plugin/ios/FlipperPerformancePlugin.h:3:9)

1 | #import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
  2 | 
> 3 | #import <FlipperKit/FlipperPlugin.h>
    |         ^ 'FlipperKit/FlipperPlugin.h' file not found
  4 | #import <React/RCTBridge.h>
  5 | 
  6 | @interface FlipperPerformancePlugin : NSObject<RCTBridgeModule, FlipperPlugin>

@notbrent you’re right, thank you, seems like all other builds worked perfectly. Do you know how can I avoid this issue for iOS production builds? I have react-native-flipper-performance-plugin on my devDependencies on package.json and here how my eas.json looks like:

"production": {
      "env": {
        "APP_ENVIRONMENT": "production",
        "FLIPPER_DISABLE": "1"
      }
    }

Happened to me several times these days, even after the problem with build speed was marked as fixed in the expo status page.

Yes, I can confirm it happened again today, Build Details — 178253e7-1d76-41a2-bf77-db86285bd454 — Curebase — Expo