"redux-devtools-extension": "^2.13.8",
    "redux-thunk": "^2.3.0"
  },
  "devDependencies": {
    "babel-preset-expo": "8.5.1"
  },
  "private": true
}

App runs fine locally, but when I got to submit it via eas via the workflow I have used previously, it fails with the following:

command:

eas build --platform ios

Install Pods step (from expo logs):

Installing pods
Using Expo modules
Auto-linking React Native modules for target `BuildupSTEAM`: RNGestureHandler, RNGoogleSignin, RNReanimated, RNScreens, react-native-netinfo, and react-native-safe-area-context
Analyzing dependencies
Fetching podspec for `DoubleConversion` from `../node_modules/react-native/third-party-podspecs/DoubleConversion.podspec`
Fetching podspec for `RCT-Folly` from `../node_modules/react-native/third-party-podspecs/RCT-Folly.podspec`
Fetching podspec for `glog` from `../node_modules/react-native/third-party-podspecs/glog.podspec`
Adding spec repo `trunk` with CDN `https://cdn.cocoapods.org/`
CocoaPods 1.11.2 is available.
To update use: `sudo gem install cocoapods`
For more information, see https://blog.cocoapods.org and the CHANGELOG for this version at https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods/releases/tag/1.11.2
[!] Unable to find a specification for `UMCore` depended upon by `EXScreenOrientation`
You have either:
 * out-of-date source repos which you can update with `pod repo update` or with `pod install --repo-update`.
 * mistyped the name or version.
 * not added the source repo that hosts the Podspec to your Podfile.
[stderr] [!] `<PBXResourcesBuildPhase UUID=`13B07F8E1A680F5B00A75B9A`>` attempted to initialize an object with an unknown UUID. `473B5E22E3954BC388A1C919` for attribute: `files`. This can be the result of a merge and the unknown UUID is being discarded.
pod exited with non-zero code: 1

I have tried disabling a cache via my eas.json file, recommended by another post in this forum, but it did not work. I recently upgraded from sdk 41, following the upgrade blog posts for SDKs 42 and 43 to make sure I did not miss any breaking changes. The “install pods” step is the only step that fails.

Full build logs:

@schoeps.pat, in my experience, this error usually means you are missing a library, in this case expo-screen-orientation. Try adding expo-screen-orientation to your dependencies and pushing a new build to EAS.

[!] Unable to find a specification for `UMCore` depended upon by `EXScreenOrientation
2 Likes

This was the solution, running “expo install expo-screen-orientation” did the trick. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.