EAS iOS Build Fail - Two Errors: attempted to initialize object with unknown UUID... & invalid bitcode version

I have created an app using React Native and am trying to create an iOS app store build through Expo’s eas-cli.

When running eas build --platform ios the Fastlane build failed with unknown error

After checking the “Run Fastlane” section in the Expo build log, multiple errors are shown:

Error 1:

Resolving Swift Package Manager dependencies...
$ xcodebuild -resolvePackageDependencies -workspace ./AppName.xcworkspace -scheme AppName -configuration Release
▸ Command line invocation:
▸     /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -resolvePackageDependencies -workspace ./AppName.xcworkspace -scheme AppName -configuration Release
▸ resolved source packages:
$ xcodebuild -showBuildSettings -workspace ./AppName.xcworkspace -scheme AppName -configuration Release
Command timed out after 3 seconds on try 1 of 4, trying again with a 6 second timeout...
[stderr] `<PBXResourcesBuildPhase UUID=`13B07F8E1A680F5B00A75B9A`>` attempted to initialize an object with an unknown UUID. `0BD9B0475CB3419D8B91ED1E` for attribute: `files`. This can be the result of a merge and the unknown UUID is being discarded.
Detected provisioning profile mapping: {:"AppBundleID"=>"f6b9bcbf-e950-43e3-847c-058bdc2733f9"}
[stderr] `<PBXResourcesBuildPhase UUID=`13B07F8E1A680F5B00A75B9A`>` attempted to initialize an object with an unknown UUID. `0BD9B0475CB3419D8B91ED1E` for attribute: `files`. This can be the result of a merge and the unknown UUID is being discarded.

I have tried to locate UUID 13B07F8E1A680F5B00A75B9A in my code to no avail. I have also since installed cocoapods with sudo gem install cocoapods which did not change the error log significantly.

Error 2:

❌  ld: could not reparse object file in bitcode bundle: 'Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '1205.0.22.11.0_0' Reader: '1200.0.32.29_0')', using libLTO version 'LLVM version 12.0.0, (clang-1200.0.32.29)' for architecture arm64

❌  clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

⚠️  Pods/boost-for-react-native: iOS@8.0 deployment version mismatch, expected >= 9.0 <= 14.4.99
▸ ** ARCHIVE FAILED **
▸ The following build commands failed:
▸   Ld /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/AppName-grbndlkaumowtzhaeqkpzrsevhvm/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/AppName/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/appname.app/appname normal
▸ (1 failure)
** ARCHIVE FAILED **
The following build commands failed:
    Ld /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/AppName-grbndlkaumowtzhaeqkpzrsevhvm/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/AppName/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/appname.app/appname normal
(1 failure)
Exit status: 65

Xcode is up to date at version 12.5.1.

All help is very much appreciated, thank you!

there is a library in your project that is incompatible with the given xcode version. by “xcode is up to date at version 12.5.1” do you mean on eas build or on your local machine? EAS iOS build failing after upgrading to v42 beta framework - #11 by lgarro

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! On my local machine xcode is version 12.5.1. Is there an incompatibility between my machine and the eas build server infrastructure?

I will try adding "image": "latest" to the eas.json build profile when I have the chance

the version of xcode on your machine is unrelated to the version of xcode that runs on eas build servers. you can control the version on the eas build servers using the image property. more information here Build server infrastructure - Expo Documentation