eas device:create - Provisioning profile does not install when adding more devices

I can’t seem to add new devices to my internal distribution builds. When running eas device:create, the QR code successfully opens the link and downloads the provisioning profile under the settings. I can click ‘Install’ on the top-right corner which opens a weblink saying that the profile was successfully installed, however, when I return to the settings I can see that the profile was not installed as it’s still asking me to install it.

I was able to successfully install the provisioning profile on my iPhone back in June, through what I thought were the same steps, but I’m clearly missing something.

Can someone point me in the right direction for how to enable the install of the provisioning profile on more devices?

When you run another iOS build after installing the profile, does the build give you the option to select that device? you should see its UUID under
? Select devices for the adhoc build: › - Space to select. Return to submit

It does give me the option to select the device, but it won’t let me select it. It doesn’t show the green circle beside the iPad in the list, and even if I try to select it, it only lets me choose to build for the original iPhone that I connected.

When I run eas device: list I get a list of the devices that I have under my “team” that lists their ID, Name, Class, UDID, Apple Team ID, and Apple Team Name, which all looks correct. It includes the iPhone that has the profile installed successfully, and the iPad that I’m trying to add now. However, I can’t install the provisioning profile on the iPad for some reason after I create the download link using eas device:create. I don’t know if there are extra permissions somewhere that I need to change through Apple maybe? Or some other step that I’m missing?

Is there any other information that I can provide you that could help with troubleshooting?

However, I can’t install the provisioning profile on the iPad for some reason

I see the same behavior as you mentioned in your op, i.e. I still have the option to install the profile again in my Settings even right after I install it. But that doesn’t mean that the profile wasn’t installed- I’m able to build for that device and install the internal distribution build just fine. Can you provide a screenshot of the Select devices for the adhoc build: prompt and the devices underneath?

This is what I see.

Just wanted to follow-up on this. I still can’t seem to figure out how to add the provisioning profile to new devices. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

So you select all of those devices (the circle to the left of them turns green,then you hit the return key), and when you attempt to install it on the iPad, what error do you get?

I am so sorry. I completely missed how to select the devices by clicking the space bar. It looks like it’s working properly.

I really appreciate all of your help!

2 Likes