EAS config plugin to add action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" to manifest

I’m using the Expo SDK version 45 for iOS and Android

I recently installed the RNFetchBlob package to my app for downloading and opening files. Everything works great on iOS but I am running into a problem on Android. After saving a file to the downloads directory I am calling RNFetchBlob.android.actionViewIntent(res.path(), ‘image/jpeg’); Nothing happens and no error is thrown.

From researching the issue, I found the following potential solution: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70630991/rnfetchblob-android-actionviewintent-does-not-working-on-android-11

According to the aforementioned link, I need to add the following to the AndroidManifest.xml file:

</application>
+ <queries>
+   <intent>
+     <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
+     <!-- If you don't know the MIME type in advance, set "mimeType" to "*/*". -->
+     <data android:mimeType="*/*" />
+   </intent>
+ </queries>
</manifest>

The Expo documentation on editing the manifest file with a config plugin left me more confused than when I started. Can someone point me in the right direction for adding those lines to the AndroidManifest file with a config plugin?

Check this link here: app.json / app.config.js - Expo Documentation

In my app.json, I did it like this:

"expo": {
    "android": {
          "package": "com.app.app",
          "versionCode": 1,
          "adaptiveIcon": {
            "backgroundColor": "#000000",
            "foregroundImage": "./assets/images/android-foreground.png"
          },
          "permissions": ["PERMISSION_YOU_WANT", "ANOTHER_ONE"]
}

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, the setting I need to add isn’t a permission and, as far as I can tell, can’t be set by way of app.json.