EAS build (managed workflow) for iOS disables Sign In with Apple (and Associated Domains)

I invited you as guest so you should be able to check out the project.
Hopefully this will help you investigating the issue.

Let me know if you find anything suspicious in the project and I will check in the morning.

Thanks for your assistance.

i just checked and, while i am not particularly familiar with gitlab, it does seem like i unable to see the project source code.

I changed the role to developer so hopefully it will give you more access

i can see it now

1 Like

are you doing anything in between running those commands? i’m trying this in your repo and it works as expected for me:

─~/code/gameon β€Ήstagingβ€Ί
╰─$ ENVIRONMENT=STAGING eas build -p ios --profile staging                                                                                                                                                                                              130 ↡
βœ” Linked to project @notbrent/GameOn
βœ” Using remote iOS credentials (Expo server)
If you provide your Apple account credentials we will be able to generate all necessary build credentials and fully validate them.
This is optional, but without Apple account access you will need to provide all the values manually and we can only run minimal validation on them.
βœ” Do you want to log in to your Apple account? … yes

β€Ί Log in to your Apple Developer account to continue
βœ” Apple ID: … brentvatne@gmail.com
β€Ί Restoring session /Users/brentvatne/.app-store/auth/brentvatne@gmail.com/cookie
βœ” Select a Team β€Ί Brent Vatne - Individual (GQ4S96SE9Z)
β€Ί Provider Brent Vatne (1560983)
βœ” Switched to provider: Brent Vatne (1560983)
βœ” Logged in Local session
βœ” Bundle identifier registered com.bront.exg-staging
βœ” Synced capabilities: Enabled: Sign In with Apple
^C
╭─~/code/gameon β€Ήstagingβ€Ί
╰─$ ENVIRONMENT=STAGING eas build --platform ios --profile staging                                                                                                                                                                                      130 ↡
βœ” Linked to project @notbrent/GameOn
If you provide your Apple account credentials we will be able to generate all necessary build credentials and fully validate them.
This is optional, but without Apple account access you will need to provide all the values manually and we can only run minimal validation on them.

βœ” Apple ID: … brentvatne@gmail.com
β€Ί Restoring session /Users/brentvatne/.app-store/auth/brentvatne@gmail.com/cookie
βœ” Select a Team β€Ί Brent Vatne - Individual (GQ4S96SE9Z)
β€Ί Provider Brent Vatne (1560983)
βœ” Switched to provider: Brent Vatne (1560983)
βœ” Bundle identifier registered com.bront.exg-staging
βœ” Fetched Apple distribution certificates

(I changed the bundle identifier ofc)

No I don’t do anything between them.

As soon as it synced the capabilities I stopped it with ctrl-c and ran it again.

I’ll try in the morning to do a clean checkout of the repo and try again.
Is there anything else that I should clean that could maybe help?

Hi @notbrent

Did you test on the dev branch?

I checked out the code in a separate folder and ran the build command without running anything else and I still have the same problem where it keeps enabling and disabling the Sign In with Apple capability:

Meisty-MacBook-Pro:GameOnClean meisty$ ENVIRONMENT=STAGING eas build --platform ios --profile staging
βœ” Linked to project @cosmicoda/GameOn

βœ” Apple ID: … romain.meisterhans@cosmicoda.com
β€Ί Restoring session /Users/meisty/.app-store/auth/romain.meisterhans@cosmicoda.com/cookie
β€Ί Team Cosmicoda Sarl (XXXXXXXXXX)
β€Ί Provider Cosmicoda Sarl (XXXXXXXXX)
βœ” Bundle identifier registered com.cosmicoda.gameon-staging
^C
Meisty-MacBook-Pro:GameOnClean meisty$ ENVIRONMENT=STAGING eas build --platform ios --profile staging

β€Ί Restoring session /Users/meisty/.app-store/auth/romain.meisterhans@cosmicoda.com/cookie
βœ” Synced capabilities: Disabled: Sign In with Apple
^C

^C
Meisty-MacBook-Pro:GameOnClean meisty$ 

Let me know if you have any other suggestion or anything else that I can provide to help investigate this issue.

i used the staging branch

I tried on staging just in case and have the same issue.
Let me know if you think about anything that could be the reason of the problem.
I will use eas-cli@0.14 for the moment.

when you enabled the capability on apple developer portal did you edit the options at all?

eg:

• set a β€œServer to Server Notification Endpoint”
  • choose " * Group with an existing primary App ID" radio button

i’ve released eas-cli@0.16.0 with the ability to disable capabilities syncing and to add more verbose logging.

please install it and run this, then share the output (feel free to redact anything you’d consider sensitive):

EXPO_DEBUG=1 ENVIRONMENT=STAGING eas build --platform ios --profile staging

to run your build without capability syncing, you can do this:

EXPO_NO_CAPABILITY_SYNC=1 ENVIRONMENT=STAGING eas build --platform ios --profile staging
1 Like

Hi @notbrent

To answer your previous question, I have tried both to have the server to server endpoint configured in Apple Developer portal configured or not and the result was the same. I didn’t try to use the Group with an existing primary App ID.

Below is the debug output from the command. I have just isolated the interesting part but also put the full output at the end of the comment.

Here is the log when Sign In with Apple is enabled before I run the command (and server to server endpoint not configured):

{
    "context": {
      "providerId": XXXXXXXXX,
      "teamId": "XXXXXXXXXX"
    },
    "id": "396UD3QJMN_APPLE_ID_AUTH",
    "attributes": {
      "ownerType": "BUNDLE",
      "settings": [
        {
          "key": "APPLE_ID_AUTH_APP_CONSENT",
          "options": [
            {
              "key": "PRIMARY_APP_CONSENT",
              "properties": [
                null
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      ],
      "editable": true,
      "inputs": null,
      "enabled": true,
      "responseId": "..."
    }
  },
Skipping existing capability: com.apple.developer.associated-domains (Associated Domains)
Skipping existing capability: aps-environment (Push Notifications)
Skipping existing capability: com.apple.developer.applesignin (Sign In with Apple)

As you can see even though the Sign In with Apple capability is enabled and it logs that it will skip it, it still disables it.

Here is the APPLE_ID_AUTH with the server to server endpoint configured. The rest of the log was exactly the same than without the server to server endpoint configured:

{
    },
        {
            {
              "inputs": [
                {
                  "key": "SERVER_TO_SERVER_NOTIF_URL",
                  "name": "Server to Server Notification URL",
                  "description": "Server to Server Notification URL",
                  "allowedInstances": "SINGLE",
                  "minInstances": 0,
                  "displayOrder": 0,
                  "maxLimit": 1,
                  "values": [
                    {
                      "value": "ServerToServer-URL"
                    }
                  ]
                }
              ],
                null
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      ],
    }
  },

Here is the log when Sign In with Apple is disabled when I run the command. In this case there is no 396UD3QJMN_APPLE_ID_AUTH section and as expected the capability is then enabled:

Skipping existing capability: com.apple.developer.associated-domains (Associated Domains)

Here are the full logs:

When capability is enabled before to run the command (which will disable it):

Meisty-MacBook-Pro:GameOn meisty$ EXPO_DEBUG=1 ENVIRONMENT=STAGING eas build -p ios --profile staging
ios.infoPlist: withIntrospectionBaseMods ➜ withIosBaseMods ➜ withGeneratedBaseMods ➜ withIosInfoPlistBaseMod
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withVersion ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withBuildNumber ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withUsesNonExemptEncryption ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withUserInterfaceStyle ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withScheme ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRequiresFullScreen ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withOrientation ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withDisplayName ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withGoogle ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withFacebook ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withFacebook ➜ withFacebookIOS ➜ withInfoPlist ➜ withExtendedMod
ios.infoPlist: withBranch ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withBranch ➜ withBranchIOS ➜ withInfoPlist ➜ withExtendedMod
ios.infoPlist: withAdMob ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withAdMob ➜ withAdMobIOS ➜ withInfoPlist ➜ withExtendedMod
ios.infoPlist: withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withMaps ➜ withGoogleMapsKey ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.entitlements: withIntrospectionBaseMods ➜ withIosBaseMods ➜ withGeneratedBaseMods ➜ withIosEntitlementsBaseMod
ios.entitlements: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withAssociatedDomains ➜ withEntitlementsPlist
ios.entitlements: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withAccessesContactNotes ➜ withEntitlementsPlist
ios.entitlements: withDocumentPicker ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withICloudEntitlement ➜ withEntitlementsPlist
ios.entitlements: withNotifications ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withNotifications ➜ withNotificationsIOS ➜ withEntitlementsPlist ➜ withExtendedMod
ios.entitlements: withAppleAuthentication ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withAppleAuth ➜ withAppleAuthIOS ➜ withEntitlementsPlist ➜ withExtendedMod
ios.expoPlist: withIntrospectionBaseMods ➜ withIosBaseMods ➜ withGeneratedBaseMods ➜ withIosExpoPlistBaseMod
ios.expoPlist: withUpdates ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withUpdates ➜ withUpdatesIOS ➜ withExpoPlist ➜ withExtendedMod

Current remote capabilities:
[
  {
    },
    "id": "396UD3QJMN_GAME_CENTER",
        {
          "key": "GAME_CENTER_SETTING",
            {
              "key": "GAME_CENTER_IOS",
                null
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      ],
    }
  },
  {
    },
    "id": "396UD3QJMN_IN_APP_PURCHASE",
      "settings": null,
    }
  },
  {
    },
    "id": "396UD3QJMN_PUSH_NOTIFICATIONS",
    }
  },
  {
    },
        {
            {
                null
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      ],
    }
  },
  {
    },
    "id": "396UD3QJMN_ASSOCIATED_DOMAINS",
    }
  },
  {
    },
    "id": "396UD3QJMN_MAPS",
    }
  }
]

Current local entitlements:
{
  "com.apple.developer.associated-domains": [
    "applinks:STAGING-URL.cosmicoda.com"
  ],
  "aps-environment": "development",
  "com.apple.developer.applesignin": [
    "Default"
  ]
}
Skipping existing capability: com.apple.developer.applesignin (Sign In with Apple)
^C
Meisty-MacBook-Pro:GameOn meisty$ 

When capability is disabled before to run the command (which will enable it):

Meisty-MacBook-Pro:GameOn meisty$ EXPO_DEBUG=1 ENVIRONMENT=STAGING eas build -p ios --profile staging
ios.infoPlist: withIntrospectionBaseMods ➜ withIosBaseMods ➜ withGeneratedBaseMods ➜ withIosInfoPlistBaseMod
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withVersion ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withBuildNumber ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withUsesNonExemptEncryption ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withUserInterfaceStyle ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withScheme ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRequiresFullScreen ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withOrientation ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withDisplayName ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withGoogle ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.infoPlist: withFacebook ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withFacebook ➜ withFacebookIOS ➜ withInfoPlist ➜ withExtendedMod
ios.infoPlist: withBranch ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withBranch ➜ withBranchIOS ➜ withInfoPlist ➜ withExtendedMod
ios.infoPlist: withAdMob ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withAdMob ➜ withAdMobIOS ➜ withInfoPlist ➜ withExtendedMod
ios.infoPlist: withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withMaps ➜ withGoogleMapsKey ➜ withInfoPlist
ios.entitlements: withIntrospectionBaseMods ➜ withIosBaseMods ➜ withGeneratedBaseMods ➜ withIosEntitlementsBaseMod
ios.entitlements: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withAssociatedDomains ➜ withEntitlementsPlist
ios.entitlements: withExpoIOSPlugins ➜ withPlugins ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withAccessesContactNotes ➜ withEntitlementsPlist
ios.entitlements: withDocumentPicker ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withICloudEntitlement ➜ withEntitlementsPlist
ios.entitlements: withNotifications ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withNotifications ➜ withNotificationsIOS ➜ withEntitlementsPlist ➜ withExtendedMod
ios.entitlements: withAppleAuthentication ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withAppleAuth ➜ withAppleAuthIOS ➜ withEntitlementsPlist ➜ withExtendedMod
ios.expoPlist: withIntrospectionBaseMods ➜ withIosBaseMods ➜ withGeneratedBaseMods ➜ withIosExpoPlistBaseMod
ios.expoPlist: withUpdates ➜ withStaticPlugin ➜ withRunOnce ➜ withUpdates ➜ withUpdatesIOS ➜ withExpoPlist ➜ withExtendedMod

Current remote capabilities:
[
  {
    },
    "id": "396UD3QJMN_GAME_CENTER",
        {
          "key": "GAME_CENTER_SETTING",
            {
              "key": "GAME_CENTER_IOS",
                null
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      ],
    }
  },
  {
    },
    "id": "396UD3QJMN_IN_APP_PURCHASE",
    }
  },
  {
    },
    "id": "396UD3QJMN_PUSH_NOTIFICATIONS",
    }
  },
  {
    },
    "id": "396UD3QJMN_ASSOCIATED_DOMAINS",
    }
  },
  {
    },
    "id": "396UD3QJMN_MAPS",
    }
  }
]

Current local entitlements:
{
  "com.apple.developer.associated-domains": [
    "applinks:STAGING-URL.cosmicoda.com"
  ],
  "aps-environment": "development",
  "com.apple.developer.applesignin": [
    "Default"
  ]
}
^C
Meisty-MacBook-Pro:GameOn meisty$ 

And as you can see below the only differences between the two logs are the APPLE_ID_AUTH section and the skipping and synced messages at the end: