eas build --local doesnt make all the different size icons for iOS like turtle-cli does

We have switched from turtle-cl(v1) to eas build --local for our build process. We dont use the cloud, since we build local and our source needs to stay with us.

Since moving over, the only icons we see in the ipa file created are
AppIcon60x60@2x.png
AppIcon76x76@2x~ipad.png

We are able to submit to testflight and get no errors, however on the iPhone 12 mini, the icon is not showing in the recent apps selector(up top)

Is there a way to configure eas build --local to make all the icon sizes again, like turtle-cli v1 did?

Issue with icon on iPhone 12 Mini, ios 14.8 (we are building with xcode 12.5):

Here is the app.json
{
“expo”: {
“name”: “AppName”,
“version”: “3.0.0”,
“orientation”: “portrait”,
“icon”: “./assets/images/icon.png”,

Here is the icon:

Below is what the ipa looked like(probably around expo 38) with expokit support

And now on expo42 eas-cli --local

1 Like

here’s the code responsible for icons: expo-cli/withIosIcons.ts at master · expo/expo-cli · GitHub

you can see the different variants of the icon in the Assets.car file. i’m not sure how to browse this on windows but on macos you can use this tool GitHub - insidegui/AssetCatalogTinkerer: An app that lets you open .car files and browse/extract their images.

you should power cycle your device. the icon is likely just being cached by ios.

Thank you so much @notbrent . This is what I had hoped too, since it works on all other ios devices.

When looking in the info.plist and only those 2 being there, threw me for a loop. I’ll check out that tool and see if they are inside, it seems like the plist for all of them is not necessary, which is great to know.

The tester has power-cycled his device, but I have seen it take more than that to clear the cache. If you know of any other way, please let us know. We will check in a couple days to see if the cache has cleared itself too.

Regards,

1 Like