[EAS Build - Firebase Analytics] Build not working after adding expo-firebase-analytics

After adding the expo-firebase-analytics project to my managed app the EAS build is not working anymore for iOS. Android is working fine.
It is failing with the following error:

:x: fatal error:

› Compiling react-native-maps Pods/react-native-google-maps » AIRGoogleMapPolyline.m

If I remove the expo-firebase-analytics library the iOS EAS build is working fine.
Latest EAS CLI version.

Any idea why?

If you can provide more of the error message and/or a link to the failing build, we may be able to suggest something. Thanks!

Well, I can give you more log output from the build. Maybe that helps.
Do you need anything elsen?

› Compiling react-native-maps Pods/react-native-google-maps » AIRGoogleMapPolylineManager.m

❌  fatal error: 

› Compiling react-native-maps Pods/react-native-google-maps » AIRGoogleMapPolyline.m

⚠️  (/Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Calculator-arrcwdjsxwvujbgdprgptwyiyuhr/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Calculator/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pods.build/Debug-iphoneos/react-native-google-maps.build/Objects-normal/arm64/AIRGoogleMapPolyline.dia:1:1)

CompileC /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Calculator-arrcwdjsxwvujbgdprgptwyiyuhr/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Calculator/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pods.build/Debug-iphoneos/react-native-google-maps.build/Objects-normal/arm64/AIRGoogleMapPoly...
^ Could not read serialized diagnostics file: error(in target 'react-native-google-maps' from project 'Pods')
(warning truncated)

▸ ** ARCHIVE FAILED **

▸ The following build commands failed:

▸ 	CompileC /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Calculator-arrcwdjsxwvujbgdprgptwyiyuhr/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Calculator/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pods.build/Debug-iphoneos/react-native-google-maps.build/Objects-normal/arm64/AIRGoogleMapPolylineManager.o /Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/react-native-maps/ios/AirGoogleMaps/AIRGoogleMapPolylineManager.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler (in target 'react-native-google-maps' from project 'Pods')

▸ (1 failure)

2022-09-25 23:54:57.520 xcodebuild[4586:14155] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEKit.ExtensionSentinelHostApplications for extension Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionHosts.watchOS of plug-in com.apple.dt.IDEWatchSupportCore

2022-09-25 23:54:57.520 xcodebuild[4586:14155] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEKit.ExtensionPointIdentifierToBundleIdentifier for extension Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionToBundleIdentifierMap.watchOS of plug-in com.apple.dt.IDEWatchSupportCore

2022-09-25 23:54:57.576 xcodebuild[4586:14155] XType: failed to connect - Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.apple.fonts was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 3 - No such process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.fonts was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 3 - No such process.}

2022-09-25 23:54:57.576 xcodebuild[4586:14155] Font server protocol version mismatch (expected:5 got:0), falling back to local fonts

2022-09-25 23:54:57.576 xcodebuild[4586:14155] XType: unable to make a connection to the font daemon!

2022-09-25 23:54:57.576 xcodebuild[4586:14155] XType: XTFontStaticRegistry is enabled as fontd is not available.

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

The following build commands failed:

CompileC /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Calculator-arrcwdjsxwvujbgdprgptwyiyuhr/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Calculator/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pods.build/Debug-iphoneos/react-native-google-maps.build/Objects-normal/arm64/AIRGoogleMapPolylineManager.o /Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/react-native-maps/ios/AirGoogleMaps/AIRGoogleMapPolylineManager.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler (in target 'react-native-google-maps' from project 'Pods')

(1 failure)

Exit status: 65

+-------------+-------------------------+

|           Build environment           |

| xcode_path  | /Applications/Xcode.app |

| gym_version | 2.206.1                 |

| sdk         | iPhoneOS15.5.sdk        |

@keith-kurak Can you also inspect private builds if I provide you with the link?

If you provide a link or a build ID, we can take a closer look

1 Like

Hey @lightstalker89,

Thanks for sharing the link!

In the build link, I do not see that your project is using expo-firebase-analytics package (which is the original post). Also, I see, your project uses @react-native-firebase. I’d suggest following the instructions from React Native Firebase library documentation to make sure the library is installed correctly and add the required config plugins.

1 Like

Hi, sorry I posted the wrong link. Seems like the build is no longer visible.

I’ll build it again and let you know

1 Like

Hi @amanhimself ,
this should no be the correct link:

Br,
Mario

I’m only using firebase analytics and there I had to add a plugin config like this:

[
    "expo-build-properties",
    {
        "ios": {
            "useFrameworks": "static"
        }
    }
],

Maybe this will also help you.

@kevfainin i already did this, and this made my build failing.

Thanks for sharing the build link. I am able to reproduce the failed build issue on my end. The cause it seems is when expo-firebase-analytics package is included with the react-native-maps and not related expo-build-properties config plugin.

I’ll inform the team about this. Meanwhile, I’d suggest using @react-native-firebase/analytics package directly from React Native Firebase library. We will soon deprecate expo-firebase-analytics package in a future SDK soon.

1 Like

Thx, I’ll try it out and let u know

1 Like

Hi @amanhimself,

Removed expo-firebase-analytics.
Same error.

Or is it in general the Problem with firebase in combination with react-native-maps?

I also have problems with react-native-maps. iOS Error: Compiling react-native-maps Pods/react-native-google-maps - AIRGoogleMapPolylineManager.m

Maybe the team should update the dependency, because react-native-maps had a few bug fixes with the newest releases.

1 Like

That would be good yeah …

we update packages on each release. you can go ahead and update react-native-maps whenever you like, you will get a warning because it’s not the version we tested against for expo sdk 46 but as long as you’re using development builds / eas build it will likely just work.

1 Like

Which version is the best?
The actual does not work: Build Details — 0aa7c0fc-056f-4b8e-b19d-15ae5a919ff6 — trick-r-treat — Expo

Br,
Mario

If I understnad this changelog entry right, we might need to update to 1.3.2-beta.1 - but I bet other errors will occure.

EDIT:

I was right. I got this error now:

[!] CocoaPods could not find compatible versions for pod "react-native-google-maps":
  In Podfile:
    react-native-google-maps (from `/Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/react-native-maps`)
Specs satisfying the `react-native-google-maps (from `/Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/react-native-maps`)` dependency were found, but they required a higher minimum deployment target.
Error: Compatible versions of some pods could not be resolved.
You are seeing this error because either:
  - Versions in the cached Podfile.lock do not match required values in Podspecs of some installed libraries. To fix this, you can re-run build command with "--clear-cache" option, or select "Clear cache and retry build" on the build page.
  - Some of the pods used in your project depend on different versions of the same pod. See logs for more information.

Okay, so for now there is no solution. We need to wait?