EAS build fail: "Unable to find a specification"

I ran expo ugprade on Friday and since then, I haven’t been able to successfully run EAS build for either platform.

Install pods:

[!] Unable to find a specification for `UMPermissionsInterface` depended upon by `EXPermissions`
You have either:
 * out-of-date source repos which you can update with `pod repo update` or with `pod install --repo-update`.
 * mistyped the name or version.
 * not added the source repo that hosts the Podspec to your Podfile.

Run gradlew:

[stderr] FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
[stderr] * Where:
[stderr] Script '/build/workingdir/build/<Org>/node_modules/@unimodules/core/unimodules-core.gradle' line: 15
[stderr] * What went wrong:
[stderr] A problem occurred evaluating project ':expo-permissions'.
[stderr] > Project with path ':unimodules-permissions-interface' could not be found in project ':expo-permissions'.

expo-permissions is not a direct dependency in my project, so I’m not sure what to do about it. Furthermore, occasionally this errors with Project with path ':unimodules-image-loader-interface' could not be found in project ':expo-image-manipulator'. instead.

I’ve tried rerunning expo upgrade, deleting my node-modules and package-lock.json and reinstalling, to no avail.

Expo Build for Android works fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

SDK 42
Managed app
eas-cli 0.23.0

This has been resolved. Cheers!

heya @conorbarnes , what was the fix?

I needed to install expo-permissions because it’s a peer-dependency.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.