EAS Build Error stuck at Prebuild step: times out while waiting for input Y/N at “This command requires Expo CLI”

When I execute the following command from my app CL eas build --profile development --platform all the eas CLI kicks off builds for both iOS.

Over in the online expo.dev builds section, the process gets stuck in the Prebuild step with the following output: yarn run v1.22.17 $ /Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/.bin/expo prebuild --no-install --platform ios [stderr] This command requires Expo CLI. Do you want to install it globally [Y/n]?

I obviously cannot interact with the CL at this point on the web, any ideas on what can be done about this?

I am running:

• managed workflow
  • eas-cli version 2.7.1
  • expo SDK 47.0.0

do you have the expo-cli package installed to your project dependencies? you should remove it

1 Like

The expo cli is installed globally on my machine and not in the repo

[Solved] I was able to get the EAS build pipeline to complete the Prebuild step by triggering a download of the latest Expo-CLI by providing the latest version in my .eas.json build configuration

"build": {
    "development": {
      "expoCli": "6.0.8",
      "channel": "development",
      "distribution": "internal",
      "android": {
        "buildType": "apk"
      }
    },
}

can you please share a link to your build page sop i can investigate this?

here is the build for ios. here is the droid build link. Im clearly able to progress beyond the Prebuild step, but am still running into Fastlane and Gradel errors

have a look at the expo doctor step:

also it looks like you’re using yarn workspaces. do you have another app in the repository that uses an old version of the expo package or installs expo-cli?

1 Like

Good catch, I do have a separate ui component workspace that seems to have expo v 45.0.0 and some UI-focused expo packages