EAS Build crashing all the time on Android

1. SDK Version: 44 (managed workflow)
  2. Platforms: Android

Hi. We’re running EAS Build (SDK 44) in our app, and, with the last update, we’re seeing a lot of crashes, with the following error.

Please note that I am not using anything facebook related … so EAS Build was supposed to remove anything not used by our actual app?

com.facebook.react.common.JavascriptException: Error: Exception in HostObject::get(propName:NativeUnimoduleProxy): java.lang.NullPointerException: null cannot be cast to non-null type kotlin.Any, stack:
<unknown>@405:228
h@2:1585
<unknown>@15:1245
<unknown>@12:453
<unknown>@11:482
<unknown>@9:54
<unknown>@8:204
<unknown>@6:45
d@2:958
global code@1187:3
at com.facebook.react.modules.core.ExceptionsManagerModule.reportException(ExceptionsManagerModule.java
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)
  at com.facebook.react.bridge.JavaMethodWrapper.invoke (JavaMethodWrapper.java:372)
  at com.facebook.react.bridge.JavaModuleWrapper.invoke (JavaModuleWrapper.java:151)
  at com.facebook.react.bridge.queue.NativeRunnable.run (Native Method)
  at android.os.Handler.handleCallback (Handler.java:938)
  at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:99)
  at com.facebook.react.bridge.queue.MessageQueueThreadHandler.dispatchMessage (MessageQueueThreadHandler.java:27)
  at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:233)
  at com.facebook.react.bridge.queue.MessageQueueThreadImpl$4.run (MessageQueueThreadImpl.java:226)
  at java.lang.Thread.run (Thread.java:923)

Hey @swup, the react/react-native frameworks are under the facebook umbrella which is why you’re seeing the name in your logs. In addition to googling the specific error, I would recommend checking our docs on debugging production crashes.

Hi Adam. Thanks for the info, but that’s the point, I opened the crash log directly from PlayStore’s Crashes and ARN section, and that’s the error. App crashes directly on startup for some devices.

I’ve never encountered it, can’t replicate it, but it would be great if I do find the issue … just not sure where to go forward from here.

Any suggestion on how to go forward from here?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.