Does React Native on Expo meet the Apples recent launch screen requirement?

I was just double checking an item that I notice Apple announced last year with respect to launch screens for apps. Apple has stated that as of June 30, 2020 (yes they extended the deadline from April) all apps must use and Xcode storyboard to provide the app’s launch screen.

I believe this is handled but can someone school me as to whether this is the case and where I can verify I am using storyboards in XCode? My app was built and is in production on the app store as of December and I dont recall seeing any warnings or errors from Apple that would illustrate this issue.

Thank you in advance, just trying to be sure I dont get caught in June by something nasty.

1 Like

yup this is how things already work and have worked for a long time in expo managed workflow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does this mean that I just need to upgrade to the latest Expo SDK and that’s it ? nothing to do about the storyboard thing ?

you don’t need to upgrade even, this is how splash screens have worked for a long time

Awesome !! … Ok one last time just to be clear, I don’t have to create Launch storyboard nor provide .xib file, the existing Splash.png will do just fine ?

yeah we create everything from the png and the other splash config options

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.