Does `expo build` publish my code?

This is not an issue, but rather a question. So I have pasted the expo diagnostics at the end.

Does the expo build perform a publish of my code by default?

We realised that a user got some new updates even though they were only available in a new build we created to test it on TestFlight.

Here is the expo diagnostics output:

Expo CLI 3.0.10 environment info:
System:
Shell: 5.3 - /bin/zsh
Binaries:
Node: 12.7.0 - /usr/local/opt/nvm/versions/node/v12.7.0/bin/node
Yarn: 1.16.0 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
npm: 6.10.0 - /usr/local/opt/nvm/versions/node/v12.7.0/bin/npm
IDEs:
Xcode: 11.0/11A420a - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
expo: ^34.0.3 => 34.0.4
react: 16.8.3 => 16.8.3
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-34.0.0.tar.gz => 0.59.8
react-navigation: 3.11.1 => 3.11.1
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.0.10

Hey @lmuntaner,

Yes, there is a publish step during the build command. This is implemented as a built project needs to have a published JS bundle and sometimes users build without previously publishing during development. You can bypass the publish step by passing the --no-publish option to the build command. Ie: expo build:ios --no-publish

Cheers,
Adam

1 Like

I suppose publishing to a different release channel would also help to avoid users getting in-development code.

Thanks!

1 Like

Happy to help!

Hi @adamjnav,
I’am doing expo build:android --no-publish but the generated build is not the updated the build, it still have previous JS code which was built using expo build:android

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.