Does eas.json file (including list of different profiles) end up in the apk/ipa?

I am thinking of utilizing EAS Build/Submit for white-labelling purposes. My plan is treat each client’s app as a separate ‘profile’ in eas.json. A simplified/minimalist example of the planned eas.json:

{
  "build": {
    "CLIENT_1": {
      "env": {
        "ANDROID_PACKAGE": "com.client_1.app",
        "APP_NAME": "A Cool Name",
        "IOS_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER": "com.client_1.app"
      }
    },
    "CLIENT_2": {
      "env": {
        "ANDROID_PACKAGE": "com.client_2.app",
        "APP_NAME": "A Different Cooler Name",
        "IOS_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER": "com.client_2.app"
      }
    }
  }
}

My question is for security purposes. When building the binary for the “Client_1” profile, would the compiled code in the apk/ipa file have any reference to the “Client_2” profile name or any of its property or env values? Eg, does the whole eas.json file somehow get thrown into the compiled build? I’m assuming not, but wanted to make sure. (I use the Managed Workflow, and have very little knowledge about how the underlying build process works or anything related to native iOS/Android stuff.)

eas.json is not included in the resulting binary, no. the only way this could happen is if you go out of your way to include it in your app (eg: copy it to app resources) or explicitly import it in your js code

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.