Does `eas-cli build --auto-submit` publish my new JS code?

Note: I’m using the managed workflow with expo prebuild extensively. Not sure if this counts as managed or bare, but I don’t touch the native projects by hand - the expo config plugins do that for me.

I have the following scenario:

• I create my app. Lets say it’s version 1.0.0. I publish it to the app store with eas build & submit.
  • I realize there is a bug. I create version 1.0.1. I publish the code via expo publish. Now my app runs 1.0.1 without updating the IPA or uploading anything to the app store.
  • I overhaul my app. Let’s say it’s version 2.0.0 now. I build and submit via eas, but I don’t explicitly publish the v2.0.0 of the JS code.

The native modules stay the some the whole time. When opening the version 2.0.0 available in the app store, will it download v1.0.1, since I havent published the v2.0.0 version of the JS code? Or does EAS publish the v2.0.0 JS code along with submitting v2.0.0 to the app store?

So my real question; do I need to publish my code along with every build I build and submit? What’s the risk my app will download the latest published JS bundle, while the (unpublished) JS bundle inside my IPA is actually newer?

Ps. I don’t do anything with runtimeVersion, it stays the same the whole time.

• eas build does not publish your js code (old expo build:ios/android does)
  • if you publish some changes and then run build, that new apk/ipa will not download that old publish, but older version will

So my real question; do I need to publish my code along with every build I build and submit?

if you want to update older versions that are already in store then yes, otherwise no