do I really need task manager to update variable based on date and time?

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 39
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android && iOS

Does expo offer a way to update a variable when the app is closed? Would Task Manager && Background Fetch? Or would that be over endeavor just to update a variable that would trigger a notification?

I have notifications (based on date and time) working; but notifications are only working when the app is open && the app is in the foreground (tested this with Test flight build on my device). Otherwise, the app does not update the date variable overnight and thus notifications are not sent (or received) because the trigger to send the notification is based on a simple variable holding today's date.

Is there a way to refresh the date while my app is closed? If this is a react native question could you point me in the right direction? Is there a way to refresh the app itself while closed (other than Task Manager and background fetch)? I am otherwise confused on how to implement background fetch with Task Manager because the custom expo client does not work with notifications :frowning: . How would I test to see if task manager is working with notifications? Should I eject in order to get notifications to work with the app closed?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.