Detached Expokit App: App does not build on Android Studio

I have an app I detached to expokit. I have not been able to get the app to build on android studio. When I try to build I get the error ‘Cause: error=2, No such file or directory’. I have checked online and all the solutions I have seen didn’t work for me. Is there a way I can get this to work? I started experiencing this issue with expo27.0.0 but I have upgraded to 29.0.0 and still having the issue. I need help on this please

Please I’m still having this issue with no possible way to resolve it. This is happening on a Mac

Hey @charlesoma,

Sorry you’re experiencing these issues. Can you try creating a new expo project, ejecting it and seeing if that builds successfully for you?

Cheers,
Adam

@adamjnav Thanks for your response. I created a new app with the latest expo and ejected and it built successfully. So I’m thinking I’ll migrate my app to this new build. But there’s a problem. I can’t seem to be able to change the default splash screen. I have removed the file from the assets folder and added my own splash png image but the app still loads with the expo default splash screen. Is this a bug or something?

Turns out I have to use my app that runs on SDK 28. Is there a way to get past the build error?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.