dealing with out of date binariers

How do you guys handle updates to users that don’t update their binary?

I’m struggling with users that don’t update their app for months at a time, which means whenever I upgrade to a new sdk version, they no longer receive updates until they upgrade their binary.

My current approach is to maintain separate release channels for each sdk and cherry pick critical fixes to older versions, but it can be particularly tough to keep track of subtle changes and incompatibilities between RN and Expo releases. To minimize the effort put into supporting earlier versions, I’m considering prompting the user to visit the app/play store once they’re 2 or more sdk upgrades out of date.

Any interesting solutions out there?

To minimize the effort put into supporting earlier versions, I’m considering prompting the user to visit the app/play store once they’re 2 or more sdk upgrades out of date.

this seems pretty reasonable. big apps like messenger and snapchat will frequently tell users they need to update their app to continue to use it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.