Couldn't get GCM token on device. on signed and real device

On IOS it seems fixed but not stable. Expo client app: 2.15.0 still doesn’t get token. But Expo client app: 2.15.1 is working. I can’t understand is it stable or not or what else…

Google playstore version is still 2.15.0 in Europe, Netherlands

Hi

I think new version released for expo cli

It says

Fix issues when fetching push notifications token

Add support for Expo SDK 37 Updated

April 8, 2020
Current Version

Yes, can confirm also that the expo client for Android is updated to version 2.15.1. and Pushtoken is generated in correct fashion.

Tnkz Expo !

Thanks Expo. I think IOS crash problem is solved too. Cuz if IOS cant get token it crashes. Expo

Yes, I worked a lot on push notification with expo client. And I got same error “Couldn’t get GCM token on the device”… on function token = await Notifications.getExpoPushTokenAsync();

Please give me solution if you find. I m new in react native I just updated expo cli too.

This issue has solved on Android device by just updating Expo Client application version 2.15.1

Thanks

Hi.

My app is up and running on App Store and Google Play. It was built with the expo managed-flow. There are no Google Cloud API restrictions. Push notification was working with expo 36. I didn’t change anything but upgrade the expo to 37 with the expo upgrade cli. Push notification works with the latest Expo client (2.15.1).

For the standalone Android app, everything works except for the push notification.

Thanks.

1 Like

Same here. Not working for built APK. It does work in the Expo client.

1 Like

Same here for standalone apps it does not work, it does work on Expo client.
SDK 36.

Yes, its work well. just update your expo client with latest version 2.15.4 and upgrade your project expo version for 37.x

I have not tested by building apk. I have tested it on expo client. and it is working perfectly. Please update your project expo version 37.x and expo client version 2.15.4

If you have not test it by building the APK, then did not run into the issue for certain. Because that is the whole point. In the Expo client it works fine indeed. APK’s are not.

1 Like

Okay will test it from apk later on. Actually my first project is to create web app with react native. so not going in deep on devices now. But I m facing a issue with some components which are not compatible for web app. Can you help me to solve my problem. ‘react-native-datepicker’ is working perfectly on Android. how can I achieve it for web as well. Please help not getting solution any where.

I found my solution here!

This works: SDK37 standalone app: "Couldn't get GCM token on device" · Issue #7727 · expo/expo · GitHub

I confirm that adding the api_key works.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.