Could not find google-services.json

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 38.0.8
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

I am getting this error while building app with `expo build:android -t apk.

Could not find google-services.json while looking in [src/nullnull/debug, src/debug/nullnull, src/nullnull, src/debug, src/nullnullDebug]
registerResGeneratingTask is deprecated, use registerGeneratedResFolders(FileCollection)
Could not find google-services.json while looking in [src/nullnull/release, src/release/nullnull, src/nullnull, src/release, src/nullnullRelease]
registerResGeneratingTask is deprecated, use registerGeneratedResFolders(FileCollection)

I have google-services.json correctly placed as mentioned in docs. and i also checked app.json multiple times.

In build logs I can see content of my google-services.json under Reading Manifest tab.

I am not able to solve this issue since long, please help here.

Build ID da78f9ea-f75b-4671-b925-091f6da1c685 for reference.

Thanks.

Hey @kirat2997,

Can you double check and ensure the google-services file provided is the one that corresponds to the project you are trying to build?

Cheers,
Adam

Hi @adamjnav

I have double checked everything. I am using google-services.json for Push Notifications. Which is working as expected on development mode. When i am trying to build my application i am facing this error.

I have double checked android package name.
I have uploaded latest firebase server credentials in expo.
I have given correct path to google-services.json (you can see the contents of this file in Reading manifest Tab.)

I cannot figure out what is causing this issue.

Adding one point - I am using managed expo workflow. If that helps.

Thanks

This message is always displayed, few lines below there should be actual log if google-services was found.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.