Configure unimodules after ejecting?

This came up in this github issue, so I thought I’d make a forum post and address it here:

After you eject your managed workflow project to the bare workflow by running expo eject, you don’t need to configure unimodules, since that’s already been done for you :smile:

We try to make the process of going from managed to bare (and eventually bare to managed) as seamless as possible so that you pretty much just have to run the command, and then you can get back to developing. Anything we don’t do will be made clear in the terminal output, this is an example of the output from a test project I just ejected:

⚠️  iOS configuration applied with warnings that should be fixed:
- supportsTablet: You will need to configure this in the "General" tab for your project target in Xcode.
- icon: This is the image that your app uses on your home screen, you will need to configure it manually.
- splash: This is the image that your app uses on the loading screen, we recommend installing and using expo-splash-screen. Details.

⚠️  Android configuration applied with warnings that should be fixed:
- splash: This is the image that your app uses on the loading screen, we recommend installing and using expo-splash-screen. Details.
- icon: This is the image that your app uses on your home screen, you will need to configure it manually.

so we try to make it pretty obvious. Other than those items, as long as you’ve set up your environment for vanilla React Native development, you should be all set to run yarn android or yarn ios after ejecting

1 Like