@Config-Plugins/react-native-webrtc error with bitcode

Hi All

i am using eas build, I am trying to use config-plugins/react-native-webrtc. when i build this using eas build -p ios, i do get error below related to bitcode. how to disable bitcode/enable bitcode for the webrtc module? Please help.

/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/XCFrameworkIntermediates/WebRTC/WebRTC.framework/WebRTC’ does not contain bitcode. You must rebuild it with bitcode enabled (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE), obtain an updated library from the vendor, or disable bitcode for this target. file /WebRTC/WebRTC.framework/WebRTC’ for architecture arm64

I have downloaded the bitcode thinking maybe that would solve the issue but it did not. I tried removing my ios/pods and node_modules directories and installing.

You could try ejecting and modifying this in the Xcode project yourself, but for managed workflow users, I think you’ll have to wait for Created Expo config plugin by EvanBacon · Pull Request #1013 · react-native-webrtc/react-native-webrtc · GitHub to land

Did you fix it?

Hey :wave:

Cause: The build environment downloads node dependencies. Bitcode files for WebRTC are quite large so are not included in the package so it needs to be downloaded at build time.

Solution: You’d need to use a script provided by the package to download bitcode binaries (react-native-webrtc/tools/downloadBitcode.sh).

In package.json add

"scripts": {
   "downloadWebRTCBitcode": "./node_modules/react-native-webrtc/tools/downloadBitcode.sh",
   "postinstall": "yarn downloadWebRTCBitcode"
},

Hope this solves it for you.