CommandError: Failed to locate the android application identifier in the "android/" folder. This is required to open the app.

When running my managed flow app locally, the metro bundler builds and runs my app as expected. I can launch iOS and web right from the terminal using the “i:” and “w” keys respectively, but when I try and launch the android version of my app on an emulator, I get the following error:
CommandError: Failed to locate the android application identifier in the "android/" folder. This is required to open the app.
However, if I manually launch Expo Go on the emulator and provide the URL to metro manually, the app runs fine. Any thoughts on how I can fix this so it launches automatically again?

Answering more for my future self. I was getting this and in my case at least this was because there was an empty android folder in my app directory (leftover from a prebuild). Deleted this and it worked fine.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.