Command Not Found (previously was)

Hey I feel like this is a somewhat simple fix, and may have been addressed in a previous post but I couldn’t seem to find it.

Up until somewhat recently I had no problems running expo start … publish etc. But I think I changed some of my app.json slugs or names or something and now I can’t start without using npm start scripts, and I can’t publish. When I manually add a publish script to npm and run expo publish that way I get version errors.

Help?

Hey @wcc.scofield,

What Expo SDK version are you using? Also, could you paste the errors you’re getting so I can get a better idea of what the root issue could be?

Thanks!
Charlie

I am running on SDK version 30.0.0, and I have attached the errors when I run it in Gitbash but I don’t think they’re going to be too much help…

It was working before so I may re-initialize, re-clone and copy over my code and then republish to expo cause that was something I wanted to do anyway. I will be able to re-name that way (although I’m sure there’s a better way) and I think that will fix the problem. expoError

expoNpmScripts

Let me know if the re-initialization fixed the problem @wcc.scofield

If it didn’t, try following the solution posted here Expo CLI looks installed but 'expo: command not found'. Seems it might be the same issue.

Thanks!
Charlie

Hey, sorry for the late response. Strangely enough I had to reinstall ‘npm install -g expo-cli’ globally again for it to recognize my expo command. I’m not sure how that could have been the case considering I init’d the project using expo. But… that’s a good first thing to try when running into this issue!

Happy to hear you got things working!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.