com.facebook.react.common.JavascriptException: Error: [@RNC/AsyncStorage]: NativeModule: AsyncStorage is null.

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 42.0.0
  2. Platforms: android
  3. @react-native-async-storage/async-storage

Hello expo team. I have successfully deployed my app on google play with “eas build” and it has been working fine. By now I’ve added @react-native-async-storage/async-storage (expo install @react-native-async-storage/async-storage). After having submitted a new build to the store, the app is crashing in device upon loading with message (from logcat):

com.facebook.react.common.JavascriptException: Error: [@RNC/AsyncStorage]: NativeModule: AsyncStorage is null.
To fix this issue try these steps:
• Run react-native link @react-native-async-storage/async-storage in the project root.

This app is working fine in dev mode (Expo Go)

Hey @seyaobey, are you able to reproduce the crash locally with the new build? It seems like you’ve taken the correct steps by creating a new build rather than pushing an update.

Cheers,
Adam

No, I’m not able to reproduce it locally. The app is working perfectly fine locally (Expo Go) but crashes when downloaded from google play store

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.