Can't launch app in production build

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 43
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS/Android
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

Hey everyone! I configured my react-native app with Expo Modules in order to use the expo-local-authentication package. I didn’t do any configuration beyond what was outlined in the wiki (AppDelegate, Podfile). I tested on debug builds and the app worked perfectly. However, when we shipped a production build, the Android app wouldn’t install at all (said it couldn’t be parsed) and the iOS app would crash on launch (the splash screen would flash for a second).

These are the crashes I’m seeing on XCode when launching a production build:

dynamic_cast error 2: One or more of the following type_info’s has hidden visibility or is defined in more than one translation unit. They should all have public visibility. N10__cxxabiv116__shim_type_infoE, id, N10__cxxabiv117__pbase_type_infoE.**

NativeToJsBridge.cpp:188] Attempting to call JS function on a bad application bundle: AppRegistry.runApplication()**

[native] Unhandled JS Exception: Maximum call stack size exceeded.**

no stack

I’m noticing that the bundle isn’t being created properly. I downloaded the contents of my phone and am not seeing the .app file that is usually created. I have narrowed down the issue to Expo, as the app works perfectly the moment it’s removed and crashes again when it’s added. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.