Can't figure out how to publish live

I can’t seem to get my app to update live.

I’m only on the play store right now so the steps I’m taking are

1. exp build:android
  2. exp publish

I have successfully published updates in the past. Not sure why it’s not working this time. When I visit the expo app page it works. For reference, the app is here: Expo.

Not sure what the next steps are in debugging and would appreciate any help!

I get this when trying to upload a new APK: Screen Shot on 2018-07-04 at 11:38:20.png - Droplr

I’m not interested in detaching if possible to avoid. It feels after previous non-expo based apps like OTA updates are a HUGE advantage.

see the point about versioncode here: https://docs.expo.io/versions/v28.0.0/distribution/app-stores#tailor-your-app-metadata

hello! you are using the default and recommended configuration:

"updates": {
    "fallbackToCacheTimeout": 0
  },

this means that updates will be downloaded in the background when you start the app, then when you restart the app it’ll take effect. maybe you’re on a slow internet connection so it’s taking a while to download, so you may need to start the app and wait a bit then restart

read more in Overhauling the Expo Updates API. One of the coolest features of an app… | by Eric Samelson | Exposition

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.