Cannot launch standalone .apk despite successful build

I can’t test my app in production on my android physical device nor the emulator.

When i launch my app. i get the following error

java.io.EOFException

My app build successfully but i got some errors in the logs yet.

[stderr] Unable to get progress logger. Download progress will not be displayed.
:ReactAndroid:prepareBoost
:ReactAndroid:downloadDoubleConversion
[stderr] Unable to get progress logger. Download progress will not be displayed.
:ReactAndroid:prepareDoubleConversion
:ReactAndroid:downloadFolly
:ReactAndroid:prepareFolly
:ReactAndroid:downloadGlog
:ReactAndroid:prepareGlog
:ReactAndroid:downloadJSCHeaders
[stderr] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[stderr] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[stderr] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[stderr] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[stderr] warning: Attempt to recreate a file for type com.raizlabs.android.dbflow.config.ExponentKernel$Database
[stderr] warning: Attempt to recreate a file for type com.raizlabs.android.dbflow.config.ExponentKernel$Database
[stderr] warning: File for type 'com.raizlabs.android.dbflow.config.GeneratedDatabaseHolder' created in the last round will not be subject to annotation processing.
[stderr] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[stderr] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[stderr] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[stderr] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[stderr] 3 warnings
[stderr] /src/exponent/android-shell-app/ReactAndroid/src/main/java/com/facebook/react/modules/dialog/AlertFragment.java:37: Error: Avoid non-default constructors in fragments: use a default constructor plus Fragment#setArguments(Bundle) instead [ValidFragment]
[stderr]   public AlertFragment(@Nullable DialogModule.AlertFragmentListener listener, Bundle arguments) {
[stderr]          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[stderr] /src/exponent/android-shell-app/ReactAndroid/src/main/java/com/facebook/react/modules/dialog/SupportAlertFragment.java:30: Error: Avoid non-default constructors in fragments: use a default constructor plus Fragment#setArguments(Bundle) instead [ValidFragment]
[stderr]   public SupportAlertFragment(@Nullable DialogModule.AlertFragmentListener listener, Bundle arguments) {
[stderr]          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[stderr]    Explanation for issues of type "ValidFragment":
[stderr]    From the Fragment documentation:
[stderr]    Every fragment must have an empty constructor, so it can be instantiated
[stderr]    when restoring its activity's state. It is strongly recommended that
[stderr]    subclasses do not have other constructors with parameters, since these
[stderr]    constructors will not be called when the fragment is re-instantiated;
[stderr]    instead, arguments can be supplied by the caller with setArguments(Bundle)
[stderr]    and later retrieved by the Fragment with getArguments().
[stderr]    http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Fragment.html#Fragment()
[stderr] 2 errors, 0 warnings

I’am very confused i don’t know how to deal with this. My app work pretty well in development.

Any help ?

Hi @mhacker. Where do you see EOFException? Can you post the adb logcat logs from when you try starting the app?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.