Cannot get expo to create distribution certificate for iOS build

I have an app that I can successfully build for Android and test it using the expo app for Android. For iOS, I would like to deploy to TestFlight, but I cannot get the build to run.

My Build Credentials for iOS are still empty (“This distribution type hasn’t been configured yet”). I don’t own a mac, so I would like expo to take care of creating the distribution certificate. I set EXPO_APPLE_PASSWORD to my Apple developer password in Git Bash and ran expo build:ios --apple-id (my-id), but the authentication failed.

[21:40:14] Accessing credentials for stefan_s in project streettag
[21:40:14] Authenticating to Apple Developer Portal…
[21:40:14] Authentication with Apple Developer Portal failed!
[21:40:14] bash exited with non-zero code: 127
[21:40:14] Error: bash exited with non-zero code: 127

Unless there is some weird problem with line endings or something, the credentials are definitely correct, so I assume it must have to do with the distribution certificate. But that’s why I want expo to create it in the first place.

I can add the option –skip-credentials-check, then the build is started, but not surprisingly, it fails.

Console output:

× Build failed.
[16:43:55] Standalone build failed!

The build status is Errored and the logs are empty. What am I doing wrong?

expo diagnostics:

Expo CLI 4.0.17 environment info:
System:
Binaries:
Node: 12.19.0 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE
npm: 6.14.8 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
IDEs:
Android Studio: Version 4.1.0.0 AI-201.8743.12.41.6953283
npmPackages:
expo: ^40.0.0 => 40.0.0
react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-dom: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-40.0.0.tar.gz => 0.63.2
react-native-web: ~0.13.12 => 0.13.18
Expo Workflow: managed

A colleague had an issue like this because double security authentification was enabled with the Apple account, but expo doesn’t know how to handle that yet - so we had no choice but to get the certificate another way. Perhaps it is the same thing with you ?

Unhapilly I don’t have much more details than that to help you, I’m sorry.

1 Like

Yes, 2FA is activated and I have already considered this a possible cause. I will try to create the certificate myself.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.