Cannot build Android version on local machine (Works on EAS)

Hey All,

I’m trying to build my fairly standard expo project for Android by running expo run:android. However, the build keeps failing with the following error:

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app:processDebugResources'.
> A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
   > Android resource linking failed
     /Users/Marc/developer/saidthat/android/app/src/main/res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher.xml:3: AAPT: error: resource color/iconBackground (aka com.saidthat:color/iconBackground) not found.

/Users/Marc/developer/saidthat/android/app/src/main/res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher_round.xml:3: AAPT: error: resource color/iconBackground (aka com.saidthat:color/iconBackground) not found.

I’ve tried messing with all the icon settings in app.json. Nothing seems to work. Additionally, it’s worth noting that expo run:ios works fine, and again both EAS builds work.

I’m completely stuck! Also happy to provide any additional info.

Expo CLI Version: 5.0.3
expo-dev-client: 0.8.0

Managed to solve this on my own. Despite using the suggest clean gradle commands what actually fixed it was simply deleting the entire android folder and then re-running expo run:android

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.