Bypassing Expo limited SecureStorage

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 42
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

I need to storage data larger than what SecureStorage can accept.

I am investigation 2 way to handle that :
1 - use GitHub - neverdull-agency/expo-unlimited-secure-store Any return of experience ?
2 - Build my own sharing across SecureStorage with 2MB limitation each, it’s going to be painful to implement
3 - encrypt local and store key to SecureStorage, but I feel it’s going to be cumbersome to manage

My preference goes for 1.

Any return of experience ?

(yes my data must be secured so encrypted)

Hi @oliv75k

I haven’t tried expo-unlimited-secure-store but also wanted to point out GitHub - mrousavy/react-native-mmkv: ⚡️ The fastest key/value storage for React Native. ~30x faster than AsyncStorage! as another possible option. I haven’t tried that either.

Unfortunately, RN mmkv currently requires ejecting, unless you can figure out how to write a config plugin to do what’s needed for Android. Building with EAS Build will also be needed, which can be done on Expo’s EAS build servers (with the Priority plan) or locally on your own machine (for free).

Hi Wodin

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I would like avoiding ejecting to avoid headaches. So I will go for option 3. I’ll post some code when it would be available.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.