Building Standalone IOS App Won't Build because two-factor identification

I want to have one click Facebook login for my app and to do that I understand I need to build it as a stand alone app. The problem is when when I use exp build:ios I get this error:

[exp] Validating Apple credentials...
[exp] Error validating credentials. You may need to clear them (with `-c`) and try again.
[exp] Unable to validate credentials. Request ID 15d47e50-9a78-11e7-8d22-d933b0d7655c, message: Two-factor authentication isn't supported (yet -- stay tuned!).

The build then fails. How can I create a stand alone app?

Hi! We’re hard at work on being to support 2FA for our build service. Until that’s ready (hopefully some time in the next few months), the options you have at the moment are to:

1. disable 2FA on your Apple account (we know this isn’t an option for everyone, and I know it really sucks)
  2. create a separate Apple account to use with Expo (again, not great, but more secure, just comes with an additional expense)
  3. build your own native code and sign it with Xcode by using the standalone apps section of the README in GitHub - expo/expo: An open-source platform for making universal native apps with React. Expo runs on Android, iOS, and the web.
  4. detach to ExpoKit and built the native code with those build scripts

Thanks I was able to solve this here: Apple ID

Thank you so much!

Hi @dikaiosune,

Thank you for the option list! I cannot disable 2FA and I don’t want to detach because I want to use Expo’s Push notifications service.

Option 3 looks like to be the best way. I must use your tools-public directory to do this, right? Is there a way to get it through npm?

Thank you!

I don’t believe so, you’ll need to clone the repo