build:ios on Windows fails with error "undefined"

Here’s what I’m getting:

expo build:ios -c
[01:19:22] Checking if current build exists…

[01:19:22] No currently active or previous builds for this project.
[01:19:22] Removed existing credentials from expo servers
? How would you like to upload your credentials?
Expo handles all credentials, you can still provide overrides

We need your Apple ID/password to manage certificates and
provisioning profiles from your Apple Developer account.

Note: Expo does not keep your Apple ID or your Apple password.

? What’s your Apple ID? xxx@yyy.com
? Password? [hidden]
[01:19:49] Validating Credentials…
[01:19:50] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[01:19:50] undefined
[01:19:50] Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.

Setting EXPO_DEBUG=true doesn’t add any more info to the error. Android build works fine. Reading other FAQs, I logged into a local account with no space in my username. Not sure how to debug or proceed… Android users are happy, but I need to deploy to ios TestFlight - but stuck here.
I appreciate any help!

1 Like

Same issue !
I logged with my credentials and with the two factor identification, then I have the same error ….

[12:05:12] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[12:05:12] Error: Reason:Unknown reason, raw:"Unauthorized Access"
[12:05:12] Reason:Unknown reason, raw:"Unauthorized Access"

i have the same issue… the credential are correct… there is news about that?
thanks with expo-cli 2.0.0

my error is:
[12:43:14] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[12:43:14] Reason:Invalid credentials, raw:“Invalid username and password combination. Used ‘xxx@xxx.com’ as the username.”
[12:43:14] Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.

this is the error with debug:

? What’s your Apple ID? xxx@xxx.com
? Password? [hidden]
[14:56:24] Validating Credentials…
[14:56:24] Running: bash.exe -c PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin /mnt/c/Users/roberto.brogi/AppData/Roaming/npm/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-linux/traveling-fastlane-1.5.0-linux-x86_64/validate_apple_credentials “xxx@xxx.com xxx”
[14:56:32] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[14:56:32] Error: Reason:Invalid credentials, raw:“Invalid username and password combination. Used ‘xxx@xxx.com’ as the username.”
[14:56:32] Reason:Invalid credentials, raw:“Invalid username and password combination. Used ‘xxx@xxx.com’ as the username.”
[14:56:32] Error: Reason:Invalid credentials, raw:“Invalid username and password combination. Used ‘xxx@xxx.com’ as the username.”
at Object._callee4$ (C:\expo-cli@2.2.0\src\commands\build\auth.js:134:11)
at tryCatch (C:\Users\roberto.brogi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:62:40)
at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (C:\Users\roberto.brogi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:296:22)
at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (C:\Users\roberto.brogi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:114:21)
at step (C:\Users\roberto.brogi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\helpers\asyncToGenerator.js:17:30)
at C:\Users\roberto.brogi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\helpers\asyncToGenerator.js:28:13
at
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)

Today everything works fine !
I’ve done the upgrade of expo from 56 to 57.2.1, and installed the new expo-cli.

npm i -g expo-cli

Maybe it could help you :wink:

@spoutnik97 no doesn’t work :frowning: i have expo 30.0.1 and expo-cli 2.2.0
where you find expo from 56 to 57.2.1?

thanks

i had update exp 57.2.1 and expo-cli 2.2.0 but i have the same issue:
[11:58:31] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[11:58:31] Reason:Invalid credentials, raw:“Invalid username and password combination. Used ‘xxx@gmail.com’ as the username.”
[11:58:31] Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.

but the login are correct… i’m so sad…

In my case, I used MacinCloud to run my Expo build for iOS. It worked when I did it from a Mac… And now I can run it on my Windows machine since it has saved the credentials in my Expo account.

but is strange because the credential are correct… another way for to make a build?
because i’m stopped and i need upload the new verion in the store…

Please rerun your command with EXPO_DEBUG=true env.

Also: command may fail if you have spaces in your password. In such case please change your password. You may in fact try this despite having spaces or not - just to be sure.

not have space in the psw… i made the build 5 month ago and worked fine…

if you EXPO_DEBUG=true:

[14:56:24] Validating Credentials…
[14:56:24] Running: bash.exe -c PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin /mnt/c/Users/roberto.brogi/AppData/Roaming/npm/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-linux/traveling-fastlane-1.5.0-linux-x86_64/validate_apple_credentials “xxx@xxx.com xxx”
[14:56:32] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[14:56:32] Reason:Invalid credentials, raw:“Invalid username and password combination. Used ‘xxx@xxx.com’ as the username.”
at Object._callee4$ (C:\expo-cli@2.2.0\src\commands\build\auth.js:134:11)
at tryCatch (C:\Users\roberto.brogi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:62:40)
at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (C:\Users\roberto.brogi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:296:22)
at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (C:\Users\roberto.brogi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\regenerator-runtime\runtime.js:114:21)
at step (C:\Users\roberto.brogi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\helpers\asyncToGenerator.js:17:30)
at C:\Users\roberto.brogi\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\babel-runtime\helpers\asyncToGenerator.js:28:13
at
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)

BUT, when i made the build i have used another expo account… now i have removed (completely) the old account and now i try make the build with this new account… maybe expo have the credential in the old account … maybe

make build with Mac in windows is impossible…
with mack expo build:ios work fine

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.