build:ios not recognizing Apple ID password

C:\Users\name\myapp>expo build:ios
Checking if there is a build in progress…

Please enter your Apple Developer Program account credentials. These credentials are needed to manage certificates,
keys and provisioning profiles in your Apple Developer account.
The password is only used to authenticate with Apple and never stored.
? Apple ID: myemail@mail.com
? Password (for myemail@mail.com): [hidden]
Trying to authenticate with Apple Developer Portal…
Authentication with Apple Developer Portal failed!
Reason: Invalid credentials, raw: “Invalid username and password combination. Used ‘myemail@mail.com’ as the username.”
Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.

C:\Users\name\myapp>

When I set EXPO_DEBUG=true it returns:

Trying to authenticate with Apple Developer Portal…
Authentication with Apple Developer Portal failed!
Reason: Invalid credentials, raw: “Invalid username and password combination. Used ‘myemail@mail.com’ as the username.”
Error: Reason: Invalid credentials, raw: “Invalid username and password combination. Used ‘myemail@mail.com’ as the username.”
at runAction (C:\expo-cli@3.13.1\src\appleApi\fastlane.ts:28:17)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
at Object.authenticate (C:\expo-cli@3.13.1\src\appleApi\authenticate.ts:46:40)
at IOSBuilder.getAppleCtx (C:\expo-cli@3.13.1\src\commands\build\ios\IOSBuilder.js:47:23)
at IOSBuilder.produceMissingCredentials (C:\expo-cli@3.13.1\src\commands\build\ios\IOSBuilder.js:123:22)
at IOSBuilder.prepareCredentials (C:\expo-cli@3.13.1\src\commands\build\ios\IOSBuilder.js:65:7)
at IOSBuilder.run (C:\expo-cli@3.13.1\src\commands\build\ios\IOSBuilder.js:19:7)
at IOSBuilder.command (C:\expo-cli@3.13.1\src\commands\build\BaseBuilder.js:55:7)
at Command. (C:\expo-cli@3.13.1\src\exp.ts:81:7)

I recently updated to Windows 10 from 8.1 (if that makes any difference). I reinstalled the latest versions of NPM and Node.js and Expo-Cli. I have checked and double checked and re entered the password countless times. I tried to run the commands in Windows Powershell as an administrator but that gave the same message. I ran the code to enable WSL, do I need to do that every time? I tried running the WLS command and then expo build:ios and got the same result. I have also restarted my computer multiple times hoping something would change.

Are there any suggestions of other things I can try to fix?

Thanks!

Expo Diagnostics returns:

Expo CLI 3.13.1 environment info:
System:
Binaries:
Yarn: 1.22.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yarn\bin\yarn.CMD
npm: 6.13.4 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD

Okay I have solved this issue. What I think was my problem, and Expo might want to let people know this (if it was, in fact, the issue) is when I looked into the fastlane code I noticed the password and apple id passed as so:

account = Spaceship::Portal.login($appleId, $password)

I happened to have a “$” in my password so I thought I would take it out, re set my password to something without a $ and try again. Worked. I am not an expert in code, or Ruby, so I am not sure if that was the issue but changing my password seemed to work for me.

Yup - I also had failures with $ in apple password, success when removed

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.