So I’ve just realised my build fails when publishing to the app store and realised the command I was using prior is superseded by EAS. So I migrated my CI/CD pipeline to use EAS and I’ve realised it keeps failing on the gradlew step.
> Task :app:mergeDebugNativeLibs FAILED
[stderr] FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
[stderr] * What went wrong:
[stderr] Execution failed for task ':app:mergeDebugNativeLibs'.
[stderr] > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
[stderr] More than one file was found with OS independent path 'lib/x86_64/libturbomodulejsijni.so'. If you are using jniLibs and CMake IMPORTED targets, see https://developer.android.com/studio/preview/features#automatic_packaging_of_prebuilt_dependencies_used_by_cmake
[stderr] * Try:
[stderr] Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
[stderr] * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
[stderr] BUILD FAILED in 4m 12s
Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 7.0.
Use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings.
757 actionable tasks: 757 executed
Error: Gradle build failed with unknown error. Please see logs for the "Run gradlew" phase.
I ended up creating a new project and installing all my packages one by one (third party) and even the expo ones I required. Then once the build worked I replaced my dependencies in package.json with the new one that worked and it’s been fine since. I believe it was a versioning issue and judging from your comment I think that confirms it.