Build failed IOS : Unable to generate IPA

Log file . cert generated and looks good as per log .

https://expo.io/builds/9872c9eb-9cd4-4783-a161-1304113fb8a2

1 Like

Hi, looking at this, thank you for your patience.

Hi, sorry about this encounter. This is because your teamID is missing due to a change in the way we now do authentication for your application.

(because the auth flow, which used to be on our servers is now done completely on your machine.)

Two choices:
To keep using the same credentials, (this is destructive so be careful)

1. Make a provisioning profile on the developer.apple.com site
  2. Download your p12 items with exp fetch:ios:certs
  3. do exp build:ios -c and during this process select the option that you will provide the required files (here you will use the provisioning profile created in 0
    Be careful with 2.

OR and in a way easier, revoke the certs on your developer.apple.com account and then do exp build:ios -c so that exp creates fresh certs & provisioning profile for you. (make sure to revoke the provisioning profile you have for the app as well on the developer.apple.com site)

1 Like

Hi

if i let expo do all the work i am getting this error

Error while gathering & validating credentials
[exp] Reason:You are not allowed to perform this operation. Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support. You are not allowed to perform this operation. Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support. , raw:{“responseId”:“12014eab-0d9d-44e3-84cc-da1bbbd7532e”,“resultCode”:1200,“resultString”:"You are not allowed to perform this operation. Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support. https://developer.apple.com/support",“userString”:"You are not allowed to perform this operation. Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support. ",“creationTimestamp”:“2018-01-04T18:40:07Z”,“protocolVersion”:“QH65B2”,“userLocale”:“en_US”,“requestUrl”:“haccount/ios/certificate/submitCertificateRequest.action”,“httpCode”:200}

and if i let it make only provisioning profile i got this but certificate is already present

Error while gathering & validating credentials
[exp] Reason:No cert available to make provision profile against, raw:“Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step”

Can you help with this too.

Tried
exp fetch:ios:certs

exp build:ios -c

still same error
https://expo.io/builds/4b18e068-3f1d-4891-bdda-74eb16b0184d

1 Like

I am not entirely clear about it at the moment, do you have a paid apple developer account?

Yes , my Company has Apple Developer Enterprise Program type membership.
I am one of the admin.

Maybe you are using an account/teamID that doesn’t have privilege ?

Just to be clear, you tried exp build:ios -c, had available cert slots and let the exp client create the creds?

We have only one TeamId and my account can create /revoke certs and profiles.I am a admin.

Can we get help with this issue.

@hani8333 thanks for your patience. Yes, can you please upgrade to latest version of exp and try again. If you can, be sure to do -c and if you are providing your own credentials, then following the steps here: Build failed IOS : Unable to generate IPA - #3 by edgar

IPA build was success. Thanks for the your inputs.

Created new project and while building used certificates which i exported yesterday.
I got this for first time and

You have 1 teams
Only 1 team associated with your account, using Team ID:*********
[exp]
WARNING! In this mode, we won’t be able to make sure your certificates,
or provisioning profile are valid. Please double check that you’re
uploading valid files for your app otherwise you may encounter strange errors!

https://expo.io/builds/925b2e37-1dcd-4944-9302-8a18b0e0fb02

1 Like

how to use a provisioning development profile for install the ipa?

i used distribution provisioning profile

Hello!

I’m trying to build an .ipa from my expo project.
I only tried to run exp build:ios today (11/01/2018), and at the time I had exp --version = 47.4.0 I think.
I now am at exp --version 47.4.1.

I created at the apple developer page in my company’s development team a certificate for ios dev for myself and then created my p12 files from that certificate. I also have a provisioning profile (.mobileprovision) which is in the same directory now of the .p12 certificates.

I then tried to run exp build:ios -c

1. I choose “I will provide all the credentials and files needed, Expo does limited validation”
  2. I provide my credentials to my user which is on the team
  3. I select the correct team
  4. I then provided the path to the certificates I had downloaded from my page

This outputs:

Then a url like this is given link to build page

And an error is given at some point in the build saying:
(…)
“Unable to generate IPA.”
“unable to build and sign IPA”
(…)

Then, after reading some posts in this page, I tried “exp fetch:ios:certs” which fetched the certificates to my project folder, one for dist, one for push and one for .mobileprovision.

I then tried the whole process again with all the same options that I chose earlier, but instead of indicating the path to my certificates, I indicated the path to the certificates that I downloaded with the command “exp fetch:ios:certs”.

Sadly, the result is the same…

Can someone please try to help?

(PS: before I tried the option number 2 “I will provide all the credentials and files needed, Expo does limited validation”, I tried option number 1, but it would always give an error saying it could not create a provisioning profile (because I’m only a member maybe?))

EDIT: With the previous version of the exp cli tool, I could build and distribute an APK to my team, now the build of the Android Platform also gives an error because of this:
“Execution failed for task ‘:ReactAndroid:downloadBoost’”
Is it something that changed with this new patch? Or do I need to do some extra work now?

Best Regards

@voidsoftware

Hi,

I suspect the issue is with your provisioning profile. Please go to developer.apple.com, remove your associated certs and your provisioning profile. Then run with latest exp build:ios -c. and with EXPO_DEBUG=true as environment variable.

(Also: in general it is better to start your own thread rather than add your own issue to an existing thread).

@edgar

Hello and thanks for your response!

At some point yesterday, I quit trying to manage the certificates myself, and asked an admin of my team to put the credentials of his icloud account, and letting the exp tool manage everything, it indeed was able to create an .ipa and I’m currently in the process of putting it in TestFlight.

PS: The provisioning profile I created, was Development, it needs to be Distribution right?

correct, it needs to be distribution.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@hani8333 @voidsoftware latest version of exp can now make enterprise certs for you.